Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp CX & Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, & customer experience design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and bring the Mailchimp brand to life.
Our design team is looking for a passionate & influential leader to join our team as the Senior Director of Marketing Design, focused on partnering & collaborating with our Product Marketing teams internally. The ideal person is a team promoter, mentor, people manager & advocate of design culture. You have a strong creative design background & experience developing product marketing campaigns, supporting go to marketing strategiesand working with internal & external creative teams on marketing campaigns.
What youll do here:
- Lead the internal & external marketing design teams
- Partner with cross functional directors to prioritize & schedule marketing projects
- Provide career guidance & mentorship to a growing team of designers & managers
- Staff, communicate & deliver marketing design projects
- Elevate the creative work with hands-on guidance
- Help recruit exceptional individual contributors & cultivate future design leaders
- Enlist external contractors, freelancers & agencies to assist with projects
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, & principles
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive experience leading design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- You possess knowledge & experience around Scrum/Agile design & development process
- You have ample experience as a hands on designer with a strong design aesthetic
- You are a strong collaborator & relationship builder
- Your experience in design includes working with Marketing teams as your primary stakeholder
- BA/BS degree in design, design & research, human-computer interaction, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.