The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source the business itself no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, & businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent & drive digital discovery, engagement, & revenue all from a single source of truth. Yexts mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for understanding our customers & prospects needs & developing the appropriate solution footprint & benefit assessment. This involves performing the necessary needs assessment & analysis to clearly define the business objectives & capabilities, as well as the supporting business case, & demonstrating how those requirements are supported using Yext solutions.
What Youll Do
- Partner with the Enterprise Field Sales team during the sales process to assist in developing account/opportunity strategies, planning & execution.
- Utilize strong business acumen, including best practices & business processes, to understand & communicate business requirements & solutions strategy to customers & prospects.
- Communicate the value of Yext solutions & position in the market place. Help shape the evolution of our solutions by partnering with Customer Success, Product Management, Product Marketing & Development.
- Provide customer specific product demonstrations in support of requirements & business cases.
- Create lasting, mutually beneficial relationships across enterprise accounts & strategic partners.
- Develop a strategy & multi-year vision for account penetration.
- Complete technical responses to RFPs & RFIs.
- Offer guidance on technical aspects of Yext solutions as part of the sales process.
What You Have
- BA/BS degree required or similar college level education; MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of business experience preferably in a SaaS business environment.
- All candidates, who may not have the above-listed years experience, but can demonstrate the necessary skills, may apply & will be considered.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing/product experiences & an understanding of how they connect brands & consumers.
- Sales and/or pre-sales experience with SaaS/Cloud products; experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of SEO & SEM is preferred.
- Demonstrated history of quota attainment or team goal attainment.
- Experience selling to & working with C-Level & top line management to understand business strategy & objectives.
- Ability to develop business cases that communicate requirements & solutions strategy to enterprise level prospects & customers.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills; must be dynamic in presenting ideas to clients & prospective clients from VP to C-level
- Must work well in a team selling environment.
- Travel needs vary by territory
- Native-like fluency in Japanese, as well as business level English proficiency
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.