As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is an exciting, new payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants & service providers) to facilitate funds transfers & disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. & around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer & business applications include person to person (P2P) money transfer, person to micro-business (P2MB) transfer (e.g. payment for goods & services sold by very small businesses), marketplace payouts to gig economy participants, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claims), & more.
Global Alternate Distribution team is the innovationteam within Visa Direct focused on expanding Visa Direct through alternate channels such as software platforms, service providers, Fintechs etc. We do market research, identify target clients & drive end-to-end implementation of Visa Direct. We engage with strategically important global platform & software service providers that are critical to the success of Visa Direct across regions. The team is responsible to come-up with the new ideas, use cases & build partnerships to grow & scale Visa Direct.
The person will be a key member of the team defining product strategy to expand Visa Direct through non-traditional channels. The role will primarily support Accounts Payable segment- by doing Market Research, Business Development, Client Engagement & Product Strategy & Management
This will be a client/partner-facing & broad-reaching leadership role so organizational savvy, interpersonal & negotiation skills are critical as he/she will interface with all areas of Visa (sales, marketing, pricing, legal, risk) & with leaders from some of our largest partners. Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in payments with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Perform market research (using internal & external resources)to identify & assess Visa Direct opportunities in new segments such as QSRs, Accounts Payable innovators, Payment Hubs etc. Defineglobal & regional opportunity size (TAM, SAM & SOM)and recommendation on opportunity assessment to get buy-in from senior executives
- Develop segment strategyand game plan to penetrate into the new segment by collaborating with broader Visa product organization
- Use Visa internal & external data to identify pilot client and/or partnership opportunity
- Partner with Sales & Visa Business Solutions team to drive business development activities for Visa Direct & secure the first mover
- Work with a product SME to define Visa Direct use cases & design business/technical solution
- Work with cross-functional teams within Visa to design Visa Direct implementation plan suitable for the client - redesign or repackage product offering if needed
- Work with the Visa Direct partners to drive product adoption & scale
- Scan market for competitive players or others
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- BA/BS required. Post Graduate degree in Business Administration strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of product commercialization/strategy ormanagement consultingrequired
- Minimum 3 years of experience in payments industry in product or consulting role required (preferably in Supplier or Business-to-Small Businesspayments)
- Deep understanding of different kinds of payment methods & processing including ACH, cards & checks
- Good grasp of Payments ecosystem, players, business models etc.
- Strong ability to do market research (using internal & external sources), opportunity sizing & developing recommendation for senior executives
- Excellent communication, story-telling & presentation skills
- Ability to identify key strategic issues & to generate & deliver creative & innovative solutions to problems & opportunities
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in market analysis
- Strong team player, self-motivated & the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in & elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENT :
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5-10% of the time.
Travel to client location may be required
- Experience in leading end-to-end client engagements representing product
- Have worked for Accounts Payable innovators or Treasury Management Solution Providers or Payment Processors serving small & mid-size businesses
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.