Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
As a Sr. Product Manager of Mandrill, you will own a product focused on serving the developer customer segment for transactional email. This is the key role which needs to focus on the developer experience from acquisition to retention. You will provide thought leadership & direction that drives the developer experience & brand goals.
What you'll do here:
- Develop holistic strategy across our developer experience that ensures a frictionless Mandrill experience, resulting in a focused product roadmap
- Define key qualitative & quantitative metrics for Mandrill & review with leadership
- Translate business goals & developer needs into product strategy; communicate direction & product priorities to the development team, other cross-functional teams, & third-party partners
- Identify goals, metrics & analytics to determine product value; continually make recommendations & refinements to the product roadmap & backlog based on learnings
- Own product portfolio backlog; partner cross-functionally to regularly prioritize & groom backlogs
- Partner with Research to analyze competitive set aligned to our developer experience; develop deep knowledge of developer needs along with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape for small businesses
- Collaborate with Product Marketing & Growth teams to identify audiences & release strategy to drive product adoption
- Regularly review portfolio roadmap progress with the Senior Leadership Team to build consensus on portfolio priorities
- Monitor all products post-launch, recommending further optimization or course correction
- Participate in standups, planning sessions, product demos/check-ins, & retrospectives
- Condense complex technical concepts into non-technical language for stakeholders
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You're capable of synthesizing big-picture product strategy that meets customer needs & successfully collaborating across the organization to achieve strategy goals.
- You can manage the needs of multiple segments & develop strategic product plans across or within segments
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to clearly & accurately communicate data insights
- You are familiar with web technologies (coding experience not required)
- You have a bachelors degree or relevant work experience
- You have extensive experience in a consumer based online or software as a service (SaaS) product-related function, developing & delivering against a product roadmap in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- You have experience implementing/working with 3rd parties/partners outside your companies core development team
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.