At Oscar we believe that great technology is the key to making a healthier life more accessible & affordable for all. We invest in our people, our tools, & our processes so we can focus on solving big problems while learning from one another.
As an Applications & User Interfaces Engineer, youll work across our entire stack, building amazing experiences for our members, the medical experts that provide their care, & the teams at Oscar that make it all possible. Were looking for engineers that are excited to deeply understand their users needs & can balance moving fast with continual attention to the operability, performance, & scalability of the systems they develop.
Applications & User Interfaces Engineers work closely with designers & product managers to architect creative, extensible, & maintainable applications across our web & mobile clients using a wide range of technologies. Were passionate about using the right tool for the job & our current favorites are React (Native), Redux, Python, Go, Kafka, Postgres, & gRPC.
What were actually doing:
Our teams works on a wide range of products including:
- A messaging experience that allows members to connect with their doctors & Oscar the same way they connect with their friends & family.
- A suite of power tools that gives our concierge teams the administrative super powers necessary to enable best in class member services.
- Visualization tools that allows doctors to quickly understand a members health history based on their past medical encounters & claims.
- A search engine that effectively & efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A React enabled design system & component gallery that enables quick development & consistent styles across all of Oscars web properties.
You at Oscar:
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- Youre willing & able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isnt!
- You pride yourself on building beautiful interfaces that are a joy to use.
- You like working closely with product managers & designers.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds welcome.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.