BuzzFeed is looking for a pop culture obsessive to write & edit stories for BuzzFeed.com. Were looking for someone who eats, sleeps, & breathes all things pop culture: TV, movies, celebrity, fashion, music, etc. that can work well in a team.
You'll work full time in a staff position in either the New York or Los Angeles offices, & report to our Deputy Editorial Director in New York. We ask that you work weekends, along with some weekdays.
- Edit timely & evergreen stories created by the pop culture team
- Create ideas for content based on news of the day
- Dream up evergreen stories for slow news days
- Attend brainstorms & contribute to team goals
- Work weekends or potentially late-night hours
- At least 3 years of professional experience writing & editing pop culture content
- A high level of comfort editing a variety of content, from lists & quizzes to medium-form & interviews
- A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture in all its forms
- High emotional intelligence & the ability to take perspective of others
- High level of organizational skills & a collaborative nature
- A hunger for success you enjoy winning, really going for it
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (a "no haters" philosophy)
- Experience managing people a plus
- Create an account at buzzfeed.com/signup, send us your BuzzFeed profile, & create two (or more) posts that show off your writing skills
- Please provide a short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role
- Include your resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology & content that helps connect people all over the world.