In Core we are looking for a .NET & C# Senior Software Engineer that loves to solve complex problems. In our view, solving complex problems requires a desire to understand users workflows & pain points, creativity, certain risk taking & the ability to work well within a team. It also requires being able to take decisions, iterate, work with feedback & learn.
Core is a part of R&D & we are looking for a SoftwareEngineer to be based in Copenhagen (or other EMEA Unity Office) to work in a team of engineers that is managing the following areas:
- C# compilation pipeline (Roslyn, analyzers, source generators, IL post-processing...)
- C# debugging.
- Editor iteration profiler.
- Domain reloads.
- Code editor integration (Rider, Visual Studio, VS Code)
- Core scripting functionalities.
The development experience in Unity is critical to the success of our users & we are focused on making this experience efficient, scalable & enjoyable, by improving development iteration time.
What youll be doing
- Implement Unity Editor & engine features that support the performance needs of large projects & teams.
- Deliver stable end-to-end functionality with high quality in mind.
- Take great care that work is high quality & comprehensively documented
What were looking for
- Experience from real-world software engineering in complex systems in C#
- Understanding of large code bases involving C# & C++ & desire to solve the challenges it can bring
- Understanding of the .NET Ecosystem
- Strong Problem solving skills & ability to drive & influence projects that can span across multiple components
- Comfortable with a flat hierarchy & a networked organisation where information is pulled not pushed
You might also have
- Prior experience with the Unity engine & Editor
- Understanding the challenges of real-time 3D & the scalability & performance it requires
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,800+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.