Cloud DevOps Engineer:
We are seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer who will have a critical role in owning, managing & growing a unified logging analytics service for Fuze services & systems.
This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is experiencing significant growth. Youll be involved in architecting & managing a high-volume cloud-based logging environment serving multiple teams & offering actionable data, alerts, reports, etc.. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies & on business-impacting products.
- Design, implement, maintain & be the subject matter expert for the monitoring & logging infrastructure (primarily Elasticsearch/ELK).
- Lead the onboarding process for new log sources delivering accurate integration & content parsing & extractions.
- Create, modify & troubleshoot data sources for various applications (internal & external), as well as manage knowledge objects while consulting with stakeholders to meet their requirements.
- Perform maintenance, optimization and of existing Elastichsearch deployments.
- Develop & promote log management best practices & procedures for the internal teams.
- Create & maintain documentation relevant to the tasks: ex. Deployment manuals, architecture diagrams, etc.
- Participate in technical escalations & on-call rotation.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or relevant field experience.
- Detailed understanding of infrastructure operations & in-depth knowledge & experience around logging solutions including log management, logging analytics & monitoring (Elasticsearch/Kibana/Logstash).
- 4+ years of experience with DevOps technologies, cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, & troubleshooting (preferably in AWS).
- Hands-on experience with designing & operating large scale Elasticsearch architecture & component deployments.
- Experience on-boarding new data sources & setting up alerts (formatting, standardization, etc.)
- Extensive experience in orchestration & automation: ex: Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, CI/CD concepts & tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge in building & managing large-scale deployments.
- Highly proficient in administering Linux environments (Ubuntu/CentOS), including configuration of networking & security.
- Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, & implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, & software management tools for 24x7 environments.
- Strong debugging & systems analysis skills around identification & rapid issue resolution.
- Scripting skills including bash, python, etc.
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to work well in a geographically dispersed team.
Great to have:
- Experience with Cloud Log management solutions (e.g. AWS Cloudwatch & Insights, Datadog, etc.)