About the Role
TodayTix is seeking a Director of Data to play a key strategic role in our global business. Based in our NYC headquarters & reporting to the SVP of Technology, the Director of Data will lead multiple key initiatives like data engineering (including 3rd party data tools & partner integrations), business analytics/insights, & product/experience testing.
In addition to overseeing all data practices & infrastructure, you will manage a team owning all technical & analytical aspects of our data ecosystem. The team consists of high-growth individuals where mentorship & accountability play a large part of the improvement process
TodayTix is a PE-backed tech startup with an evaluation-driven culture. This role requires diplomacy, collaboration, communication, & leadership skills, working cross-functionally with our marketing, tech, & accounts teams.
Tools we use:
- Looker, Data Visualization / Indicative, Funnel & Event Tracking
- Python, R & Excel for business analysis
- AWS Redshift
- External vendor tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, YouTube Analytics, Branch (MMP) etc.
- Alooma / AWS ETL
- Data Stack / Infrastructure Your team will be responsible for maintaining the TodayTix data stack, including appropriate extraction from our production database & maintenance of our data warehouse.
- Identify, optimize, & maintain data tools, in addition to negotiating with all data vendors
- Handle event tracking & taxonomy while maintaining a clean glossary of events & their definitions.
- Third Party Data Connections Your team will work with our engineers to maintain integrations with a variety of primary ticketing platforms.
- Extract & analyze data derived from APIs to better understand available inventory, velocity of sales, & sell-through rates.
- Marketing / Product Data Tools As a multi-platform business, TodayTix acquires & reengages its users across a variety of marketing channels & uses several tools to track & attribute user actions to their corresponding channels & campaigns.
- Implement new tools & maintain existing tools (Branch, Google Analytics, Commission Junction, etc.)
- Verify data accuracy & transmit it to our data warehouse for further analysis
- Insights / Product Testing / Conversion Improvement Your team will be thought-leaders in the testing of various designs, experiences, & buy-flows for the TodayTix product.
- Work cross-functionally with product & marketing teams to design & conduct these tests, increasing engagement, conversion, maximum revenue, & customer lifetime value.
- 6+ years in Data Engineering or Analytics, preferably for an eCommerce or app-based company
- Experience with data warehousing, dimensional modeling, & ETL development
- Understanding of AWS components & service
- Experience with business analytics
- Experience leveraging customer, digital, online & offline data together to optimize processes & aid operational efficiency
- A track record of working well with business stakeholders
- Clear, concise communication (written & verbal) with both technical & non-technical stakeholders & teammate
- You like to work in a self-directed environment & peers would call you curious/inquisitive
Good to know
TodayTix takes care of our team. Were proud to offer a generous suite of benefits. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Flexible PTO
- Health & wellness offerings:
- Healthcare, vision, & dental plans with generous contributions from the organization
- Free membership to One Medical Group
- Subsidized gym memberships at two New York-based chains
- Flexible spending account
- Life & disability insurance
- Each office has its own flavor of food fun, but all offer office snacks & weekly company lunches
- Retirement program with company matching