Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is currently seeking an experienced data driven digital product designer to join our digital product team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the digital product team on a variety of high visibility data-driven commerce initiatives that are key to the success of Caspers digital flagship customer experience. In addition, youll be an integral part of a multi-disciplinary creative team to evolve our design system by migrating, maintaining & inventing new UI components & interactive patterns for ecommerce. This role will play an important part in the product design teams operational efficiency & scalability.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Own medium & small-scale projects from start to finish under the guidance of fellow UX/Creative leads
- Contributing to strategy-setting & providing design feedback to members of the entire Product Design organization implementing Caspers Design System
- Writing guidelines, evolving UI components, & maintaining Figma libraries
- Conducting audits of competitors user experiences to discover insights, opportunities.
- Taking part in weekly design critiques, workshops, all hands & squad meetings
- Using research & data to inform your design solutions
- Develop & maintain information architecture & prototyping deliverables that push the boundaries of incredible experience using tools such as Figma, Sketch & InVision
- Define innovative user interfaces that result in improved user experience/productivity
- Collaborate cross-functionally throughout each phase of the project cycle to drive decisions, reusability, mitigate issues & ensure that business & tech specifications are implemented.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with internal stakeholders
Our dream candidate...
- A minimum of 4 years experience in web design in a dedicated UX, IA, or IxD role
- Able to work independently but seek mentorship & feedback from your manager & more senior designers
- Ability to contribute to design strategy & design direction
- Uses research & data to inform design solutions
- Ability to implement, adhere to & advocate for our new design system proficiently & consistently
- Ability to sketch, prototype, & create high fidelity artifacts for the team
- You ship good work, balancing pragmatism & quality
- Have effective articulation of ideas & design solutions
- Ability to express feedback with kindness & candor
- Tolerance for ambiguity & healthy curiosity
- Ability to translate quantitative & qualitative insights into design decisions
- Contribute to our creative culture: motivation, optimism, quality, integrity
The syrup on your waffles...
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!