Senior Engineering Manager, Core Storage
"The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Infrastructure org has the mission of building & delivering the compute orchestration environment, storage & data systems, & essential platform services behind all of Reddit.
The Infrastructure organization is looking to hire an experienced Engineering Manager, to take on & grow a team around Reddits core storage & data systems. This is a high impact role where you will drive related technical strategy, operations, architecture, & execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
What Youll Do:
- Build, hire & lead a high-calibre team of software engineers & systems engineers.
- Design, engineer & deliver the core data infrastructure services used by all of Reddits products.
- Be responsible for setting & maintaining availability, scalability, latency, & efficiency SLOs.
- Lead, coordinate, & execute a coherent vision for storage & data infrastructure that supports & enables Reddits growth into new product capabilities.
- Coach & mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Set & support a culture of metrics driven quality, with efficient processes & strong transparency.
Who You Might Be:
- 3+ years experience of managing a team of software engineers.
- 5+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in data infrastructure roles.
- Professional experience & capability with cloud infrastructure systems (Kuberrnetes, AWS, GCE).
- Strong experience in data infrastructure systems;
- Strong track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, & professional development.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Go, Rust, Java, C++.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks & keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.