WHAT YOU'LL DO
Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for an iOS Software Engineer to join our growing Storefront Engineering Mobile Team in New York. Youd be hard pressed to find another more productive team at our company, since the millions of people who have downloaded our app are our most engaged & valuable customers. Therefore, most of our business is done via mobile phones, & Rue Gilt Groupe is invested in making our mobile experience the forefront of our product development.
Long viewed as a pioneer in the web & app UX space, we now seek to revolutionize e-commerce by supporting a Mobile First Philosophy. Theres no better time to be involved in the technical advancement of e-commerce at Rue Gilt Groupe, with the full support of our company behind providing the most engaging & best of breed mobile apps.
In this role you will
- Contribute to the development & architecture for our widely used, native iOS applications.
- Be involved in new feature conception, design, development, & testing.
- Collaborate with UX designers to produce the best design following the human interface & material design guidelines.
- Work effectively within a team with Product Management & QA in an Agile environment providing continuous delivery & value.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
The Storefront Engineering Team at Rue Gilt Groupe has four vertical project teams (Product Catalog, BeMo, Pathfinder, Royale) that work on various work streams that transform our firms top private sale e-commerce destinations: Rue La La, Gilt, Gilt City, & SIMON Shop Premium Outlets. Rue Gilt Groupe Storefront Engineering Team transforms our user experience & drives $1 Billion annual sales & in delighting 35 Million+ members. Rue Gilt Groupe employs leading-edge technologies & specialized experts in product design & development, data analytics, & customer delivery to provide best-in-class experience.
- Bachelors Degree desired, but not required
- Years of experience 3-5
- Extensive experience developing iOS apps with comprehensive test coverage.
- Delivered iOS applications to the Apple App Store.
- Expert knowledge of all common UIKit APIs & Interface Builder features.
- Experience with Objective-C, Swift & RESTful web services.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum cross functional team.
- Familiarity with multi-threaded programming.
- USA Based
- Fluency in English
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills to interact with internal & external stakeholder while working in a collaborative team environment
Location: Preference for Boston based candidates, but open to hiring in New York, Chicago, Toronto, & Atlanta locations. USA based candidate remote flexibility.
Nice to have skills
- Full-stack skills: our engineers are well rounded & not afraid of technical challenges wherever they lie.
- Experience in CI pipeline to enhance & improve testing & the release of the app.
- E-commerce/consumer facing app development.
- Experience in writing clear documentation for the code & the architecture.
- Experience in using SwiftUI.
Rue Gilt Groupes Technology Department is an integral part of the companys strategy to develop new content & offerings that deliver superior value & sustained impact. Rue Gilt Groupes technology is responsible for the full lifecycle of proprietary data & software assets, from initial business case to roadmap delivery, launch, go-to-market, & ongoing support operations.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology & marketing to create the most engaging & satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La & Gilt for everything from women, men & children's apparel & accessories to home dcor & exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other