Appian is actively seeking an Industry Marketing Manager to drive marketing strategy & execution for Insurance, one of our fastest-growing market segments. This person will partner with our industry practice leads to develop & tell a compelling & differentiated story about Appians hyperautomation & low-code capabilities & solutions for Insurance & its sub-markets. He or she will create the industry marketing strategy & plan, coordinate with a variety of marketing execution resources to carry out the plan, & ensure that Sales has the resources to effectively sell Appians offerings to Insurance organizations.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer needs within the Insurance segment; monitor industry trends & build industry-specific buyer personas
- Partner with our Insurance Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to craft & tell a story about the unique value Appian delivers for the Insurance industry
- Define a global marketing strategy & plan for capturing the mindshare of our target buyers, analysts & partner community within the Insurance segment
- Collaborate with industry subject matter experts to create content that articulates value throughout the buyer journey; understand the buying process & key stakeholders involved, & build internal & external content & messaging
- Define tactics for generating awareness & high-quality leads for the Sales team; work with Demand Generation, Digital Marketing, Events, & Field Marketing teams on the execution of programs with measurement & goals
- Support product launch & sales enablement efforts by creating positioning/messaging documents, sales presentations, solution briefs, & other product collateral
- A minimum of 5-7 years of industry marketing or marketing management experience in high-tech / Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments; prior Insurance experience highly preferred
- A proven track record of developing strategies & tactics to drive awareness & demand within specific target segments or verticals
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to express technical concepts in the form of crisp, value-based messages
- A proven ability to produce creative, memorable & highly engaging content in support of inbound & outbound marketing activities
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, be a team player & thrive in a highly collaborative & matrixed environment
- Experience with related technologies, including business process management (BPM), robotic process automation (RPA), artificial intelligence (AI), case management, CRM, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), enterprise mobile, a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.