iCapital is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $139 billion in global client assets invested in 1,116 funds, as of August 2022.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for five consecutive years (2018 2022); a back-to-back selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers; & a two-time winner of MMI/Barrons Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital is seeking a Vice President, Content Writer on the Research & Education team to help with the development of research papers, blogs, articles, & other content focused on alternative investments. This person will be responsible for drafting research & education material, gathering supporting research & data, & content management. The role will require extensive experience & knowledge in the private capital markets, as well as financial writing experience. This individual will sit within the Investment Products, Research & Education department.
This could be an ideal role for an experienced professional in private equity who loves to write & is looking for a change of pace. Relevant backgrounds might include work at a Private Equity firm as an investment professional or in investor relations, at a placement agent focused on PE, consultant/gatekeeper firm, public pension fund or sovereign fund with an active PE co-investment program, and/or law firm with focus on PE transactions.
- Perform extensive research on industry trends & investment strategies.
- Work with the senior research team members to refine concepts & themes for research papers.
- Draft research papers, blogs, & articles based on input from the senior team covering a broad array of topics including private capital, hedge funds, impact investing, digital currencies, asset allocation, etc.
- Maintain inventory of existing content, including updating data & providing new information to keep content fresh & relevant.
- Manage, organize, & prioritize the production of content.
- Actively follow investment trends in the alternatives industry & suggest new areas of research to the senior team.
- 7+ years of experience across alternative investments, particularly the private capital markets
- Exceptional writing skills; able to generate high quality content efficiently & consistently & quickly distill concepts into clear & concise text
- Able to provide extensive writing samples & demonstrate ability to compose content that is accessible & reader friendly
- Confident in ability to independently conduct research & problem solve
- Able to interact with colleagues in a professional & collaborative manner
- Proficent with one or more of the following: CapitalIQ, PitchBook, Preqin
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; unlimited paid time off (PTO) & parental leave.
We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three to four days & remotely for the remainder of the week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.