Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
We're looking for an experienced Senior Analyst or Manager of Healthcare Analytics to help us transform the way primary care is delivered & how patients are served in New Jersey & Rhode Island markets.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. Were empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, & engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians & healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, & we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. Were transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds & experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
Weve built our technology using the best of cloud & open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models & connected to the most modern internal & external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement & other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how as the Senior Analyst or Manager of Healthcare Analytics for New Jersey & Rhode Island Markets, you will help reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
The Senior Analyst or Manager of Healthcare Analytics for New Jersey & Rhode Island Markets will work with Analytics, Operations, Market, & Finance peers, team members, & leaders to define, develop, & deliver effective analytics with actionable insights that serve multiple stakeholders. VillageMD sees the ability to improve patient outcomes, deliver better care, & lower unnecessary cost & utilization based on actionable insights delivered by the Analytics team as a critical part of its strategy to transform primary care.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Build relationships with senior level operations leadership to understand multifaceted business problems & develop analytical solutions to complex issues
- Work closely & collaboratively with peers to solve problems with hands on ability to execute, & not just lead
- Get up to speed on our data model & business model, & make recommendations for changes to improve analytics for New Jersey & Rhode Island Markets
- Mine patient & healthcare provider data from multiple sources, including medical claims data, pharmacy claims data & clinical data from electronic medical records, to discover key analytical insights for decision support
- Build & continuously monitor reports & dashboards to track key healthcare quality & efficiency metrics by physician
- Own the process of monitoring performance in value based contracts across multiple payers
- Conduct analysis, including benchmark & performance forecasts, to inform decisions on value-based participation across our markets
- Review policies for value-based programs, synthesize the information, & communicate the implications to our markets & executive leadership
- Be independently accountable for generating analytical insights in certain healthcare specialties and/or for applying the insights in New Jersey & Rhode Island Markets
- Develop proprietary analytical tools, such as predictive models
- Develop business & technical requirements for database & system development
Skills for success
As a successful Senior Analyst or Manager of Healthcare Analytics for New Jersey & Rhode Island Markets, you possess,
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to develop new reporting & analytics in a new environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels & across functions of the organization
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, & collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, & absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- Ability to partner with Analytics leaders & peers, & Operational customers to understand business problems, elicit requirements, develop analysis & reporting roadmap, & deliver results according to project plan while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- A clear focus on delivering actionable insights to help operational customers deliver better care, improve patient outcomes, & lower unnecessary cost & utilization
- Experience with SQL, R or other open source analytical tools
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes & tools
- A low ego; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- BS/MS in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, math, engineering, economics, or other related fields is preferred
- 3+ years of full-time in analytics & reporting roles
- Strong oral & written communication skills, including executive leadership presentation skills
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Track record of successfully executing projects in collaboration with both technical & non-technical stakeholders.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus & a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, & generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience & enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products & services & the advancement of innovative solutions & improved quality of healthcare for providers & patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture how inclusion & diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.