KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Project Manager, Construction
The Project Manager will manage & control the total scope of services as defined in the Contract Documents while maintaining the profitability objectives of the company. This position may be assigned one or multiple projects to manage simultaneously. The candidate must have building & construction experience, in addition to a strong business acumen. The position requires the ability to help develop, implement, & manage the overall business plan.
Provide leadership, technical construction experience & market specific insight to ensure the best possible outcomes for KATERRA projects. Success will be based on achieving agreed upon metrics in the areas of: safety, culture, schedule & budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact to several Clients, & KATERRA departments including Design team, Manufacturing & Integrated Services.
- Participate in all Client/Design/IS/Manufacturing meetings from Pre-Con Phase to Project Completion with a focus on providing construct ability, assembly & logistics insight.
- Participate in the development & evolution of KATERRA products & components.
- Primary point of contact for all Project related needs.
- Coordinate all project buy-outs & subcontract awards with Integrated Services.
- Review & supervise all project schedules, costs, site safety & logistic plans, & subcontractor & materials coordination plans.
- Run weekly internal project meetings & be available for all project related OAC & Subcontractor meetings.
- Supervise the timely & accurate processing of all project billing & invoices within a defined monthly cycle.
- Manage the overall financial success of each Project with a specific focus on cost, efficiency & profitability.
- Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness & cost effectiveness.
- Establish & maintain a professional working relationship with the owner, design team, clients, building officials, municipality representatives, architects, engineers, designers & subcontractors.
- Ensure all project estimates are prepared in accordance with the requirements of the project. Become familiar with each estimate to fully support its integrity.
- Manage project budget & schedule updates.
- Prepare monthly cost projections & project status reports.
- Lead construction progress meetings.
- Review & monitor all design & construction phase documents for conformance with the budget, schedule & prime contract.
- Review subcontracts & proposals; lead negotiations for changes to conform with company standards & practical expectations.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in the multi family construction industry.
- Skilled in project management software & equipment.
- Must have technical knowledge, scheduling & organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written & facilitation skills; including the ability to influence, negotiate & explain complex processes to clients & staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.