Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, & tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating & energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, & our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer for Patreon's Membership Product team.
What you will do:
- Lead & contribute to the design & development of a new foundation for Patreon
- Advocate for best patterns & practices in the area system design, performance, & testing
- Foster clarity & alignment on technical vision & direction
- Advocate for engineering systems & solutions that will accelerate product development in the long-run
- Write clear & concise technical documentation on system design & implementation
- Build a strong product-minded, engineering culture by mentoring & guiding engineers
Skills & experience you possess:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Fluency in modern web technologies
- Enforces a high standard of quality & craft with an eye for UX & engineering detail
- Familiarity with designing, building, deploying, monitoring & maintaining code in multi-service architecture
- Experience with React & React Native
- Experience with node.js & related web frameworks
- Experience with GraphQL & keeping GraphQL performant
- Experience with build tools like Webpack, Babel, CircleCI
- Experience designing clean & useable APIs
- You prefer practicality over dogmatism
- Penchant for elegant & simple solutions for complex requirements
Projects you may work on:
- Build the foundation for an entire new fan & creator experience
- Build the foundation for a flexible service oriented backend architecture that will serve multiple client apps
- Establish the conventions & patterns that will multiply & maximize engineering productivity
What you will have the chance to learn:
- You will learn ways to empower creators to get paid. You will help creators make a sustainable living & achieve higher levels of creativity.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing & highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, & rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, & accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators & patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains & engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid & Kind. Be extremely caring & extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive & constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You dont know it all, & thats the fun part. Everything gets better when youre curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, & more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, youre growing yourself, your teammates, & Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn