This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground.
About the Job
The Studio Coordinator manages the day to day studio operations with support from the teams operating out of the studio.
They are responsible for organizing & maintaining the studio space, Looklet, photographic & peripheral equipment, computers & supplies for all studio shoots.
The studio is fast-paced environment with an average of over 100 inbound items daily. A strong focus & sense of urgency is required. The studio coordinator is responsible for maintaining & supporting all of the following & interfacing with internal & external resources for support when needed:
- Looklet hardware & software; Cameras; Lighting; Grip; Inventory; Repairs; Allocation; Cap Ex Quote & Purchase
- Maintenance & Repairs; Workstation Standardization; Monitor Calibration; On Site Troubleshooting; Help Desk Liaison; Inventory; Ordering Peripherals
- Coordinate with Producers & Merchandise Coordinators; Allocation for Crews; Clean/Organize; Mapping; Safety & Organization
- Maintain Photo Expendables; Maintain Styling Expendables; Creative Team peripherals; Order & Maintain Inventory
- Train new Item Photographers for roster; Train new Digital Techs on workflow; Occasional Staff Training for Image Editors (i.e. Color Training)
- Develop & maintain workflows for all areas of studio focus: On Figure, Looklet, Laydowns, Stills, etc.; Provide One Pager Updates; Create & maintain Process docs
- Cap Ex Equipment Purchases; Supply Purchases; Expense Reports
- Oversee handling of all Shipping & Deliveries; Organization of all packages
- Server memory & any troubleshooting w/IT
Marketing Shoot Images
- Manage image file delivery to Art Director/PA team; Manage hard drives from location shoots; Coordinate & Communicate with Producer, AD, & PA teams
Item Daily Shot Count
- Make rounds with each Item set crew daily; Deliver data to Sample Coordinator
- Maintenance & Mac displays monthly
You are a risk takera dreamer who delivers. You have big ideas & can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know whats happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce.You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- 4 years minimum experience in professional photo studio operations (high volume experience a plus)
- Full understanding of photo studio roles & responsibilities
- Full understanding of photo studio equipment & maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with management & outside vendors
- Proficient working knowledge of Mac & PC computing platforms, including Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with database management tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects & tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines
- BA or BFA Degree in design or a Visual Arts related degree
- 3+ years fashion ecommerce studio experience
Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data & adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes & supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify & locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, & applies policies & procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies & uses facts, information, & expertise to set priorities & make informed decisions. Uses data & evidence to determine the causes of problems & develop solutions to address them.
Execution & Results: Manage Execution & Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations & time requirements. Plans & manages own & others' time, based on business priorities, & follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely & accurate manner. Identifies & obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, & quality in work practices.
Planning & Improvement: Plan & Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates & aligns planning with organizational initiatives & direction. Looks at work plans & makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes & practices to increase performance & results
Influence & Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas & links them to business needs & benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships & alliances with others, inside & outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans & priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience & ideas with associates across the organization.
Ethics & Compliance: Manage Ethics & Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies & procedures, & supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity & ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical & compliance issues, enforcing compliance & administering appropriate consequences as needed.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior.
- Enters & locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups & individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.