VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, & Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE:VP, Client Partnerships, Canada
REPORTS TO: SVP, N.A. Client Partnerships
OVERVIEW:VICE is seeking a sales leader to be part of revenue driven, client centric media & content sales team & oversee relationships with some of the largest media holding companies in Canada. Reporting directly to the SVP, North American Client Partnerships based in New York with a dotted line to the President, Canada, the VP of Client Partnerships, Canada will manage a best in class sales team, focused on championing the brand & client solutions within their territory, & be responsible for achieving quarterly sales targets.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for the respective sales team to achieving or exceed quarterly & annual sales goals for assigned clients/market.
- Develops & implementssalesprograms that will attract new key accounts & enhancesalesto current client to deliver requiredsalesgrowth.
- Develops & implements processes to ensure effective proposal production & the effective management of salescontracts.
- Directs media salesin a major geographic region and/or vertical market.
- Work in conjunction with the SVP NA Client Partnerships to set long term revenue & hiring goals.
- Uses in-depth understanding of company-wide business practices to support SVP NA Client Partnerships, in the development of the salesstrategies; translates approvedsalesstrategies & goals intosalesprograms & tactics for respective team & market.
- Ensures integration of sales efforts are across all internal departments (account management, RFP team, creative, operations, etc). to develop collaborative ideas & proposals.
- Directs sales activities, creates and/or manages sales rep territory or account assignments to maximize client opportunities.
- Negotiates & closes complex deals.
- Creates, enhances & maintains relationships with major accounts & agencies.
- Reviews weekly opportunities with staff, ensures strategic & profitable structure to presentations.
- Setssalesgoals and/or objectives for direct reports
- Manages performance of a team of 3-6 employees
- Provide on-going coaching, counseling & identify development opportunities for staff.
- Champion & foster department values & ensure that the team upholds values.
- Understand, analyze & advocate all facets of the Vice media product offering
- Be an active member of the Canadian Executive team & collaborate with teams from Editorial, Audience Growth, Studio, Virtue, Corporate Communications to foster & further the success of all of Vice Media Canadas activities
- Collaborate & partner with the GM & her team at Vice Media Quebec in achieving national & dual language brand & client solutions
- Assess territory risks & execute mitigation plans
- 8-10+ years in media sales
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Bachelors degree
- Proven track record of managing a sales team consistently achieving & exceeding revenue targets
- Proven industry contacts & sr,-level agency relationships
- Knowledge of financial & operational analysis & business case development
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic & consultative conversations, negotiate & influence, & win business.
- Fluent in emerging media platforms, formats & industry topics
- Excellent leadership, coaching & mentoring qualities is a must; a strong desire to motivate & develop staff
- Adept entrepreneurial self-starter & ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Expert in media strategy, custom content, & social distribution & activation
- Has high level relationships across media agencies, holding companies & target brands
- Highly proficient in Keynote
- Ability to travel across US, as needed
- Highly organized & solutions driven
- Excellent, timely communication skills
- Salesforce experience a plus
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying & we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, & any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises & to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, & respects the dignity & independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.