Who we are:
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA & NHL games, all major soccer leagues, & a wide range of college & other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, & entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, & Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMCand much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku & Chromecast.
About the Role:
fuboTV is seeking a Director, Content Strategy & Acquisition - Direct Rights to join its Content Strategy & Acquisition team. Director, Content Strategy & Acquisition - Direct Rights will be responsible for directly sourcing sports & entertainment content from rights holders (e.g., live game rights from leagues; acquired series from digital or traditional studios). The successful candidate will become an integral member of the Content Strategy & Acquisition team & be involved in the strategic analysis regarding direct rights acquisition decisions, & will negotiate direct rights agreements. Candidates should have existing knowledge of the sports rights & entertainment rights spaces, & have existing contacts. He/ She must thrive in a fast-paced environment, focus on generating results & exhibit the highest personal & professional standards of integrity & ethics. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, & be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
What you will be doing:
- Source & negotiate sports rights acquisition agreements with rightsholders
- Source & negotiate entertainment rights acquisition agreements (e.g., movie windows, series windows) with studios & other rights holders
- Work with other members of Content Strategy & Acquisition team to develop sports & entertainment rights acquisition strategy
- Work with other members of Content Strategy & Acquisition team to financially & strategically assess pending rights agreements
- Represent fubo in the sports & entertainment rights communities, & maintain & develop relationships with key external constituencies
- Communicate deal updates to key internal constituencies
- Work with operational teams to implement rights acquisition agreements
- Maintain relationships with existing partner rights holders
What skills, experience, & education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- At least 3-5 years working in some capacity in content rights acquisition, including at least 1 year as a deal principle
- Strong knowledge of the sports rights acquisition ecosystem, including relationships with major European & US rights holders
- Strong knowledge of entertainment content ecosystem, including relationships with digital & traditional content providers
- Strong relationship building & relationship management skills
- Strong deal negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to be strong team player & work independently in a fast-paced environment
Perks & Benefits:
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards.
- Robust benefits package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- All day free snacks & beverages
- fuboTV is an e-verified company