Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Product Service ReliabilityTeam is looking for a senior, highly accomplished, visionary Software Architect that is passionate about building scalable, secure & highly reliable, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment.
As a Lead Systems Architect, you provide strategic architecture leadership to project architects & your product partners on large & complex projects for merchant payment management solutions. You understand the business imperatives tied to these strategic projects. You provide technology leadership & are the technical expert on strategic projects, drive the release strategy & guide the delivery of strategic projects aligned to business strategy on innovative payment acceptance, integrated commerce management, powerful risk management & marketing tools. You maintain awareness of dependencies between projects & delivery vision, while ensuring engineering excellence to the five nines. You build the strategy for your teams to architect, design & deliver the next wave of enterprise FinTech innovation.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience
- Prior knowledge & experience working with FinTech
- Experience with successful design, architecture & technical project management
- Strong written & verbal communication, problem solving, & soft skills
Deep technical understanding of distributed services
Ability to provide technical leadership & consultation to resources at both peer & junior levels
Ability to deliver creative & innovative solutions to requirements & constraints for multiple initiatives in parallel while working in a complex & fast-moving environment
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 30% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.