Copywriter/Concept Developer, BARK Essentials
New York, Full Time
WHO WE ARE:
The Essentials team creates thoughtful everyday items so dogs & their humans can live their best life together. From beds to poop bags to crates, each one of our products is meant to bring simplicity to everyday routines, while innovating for dog sensory needs. Our team is small but scrappy, & we work cross-functionally to bring our products to market. Were dog-obsessed & love to collaborate (with people AND pups - someone has to try out the new bed designs) & we never take ourselves too seriously. If you love dogs & want to make the best of the best for their everyday lives, come join us!
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Were looking for a strong writer & expert concept developer who will join the team as a key contributor in the early stages of product development. In this role, you will ideate creative concepts & write copy that highlight the BARK, Essentials products!
- Work closely with the design team to innovate on basic product development - how do we make the BARK product standout?
- Write & edit copy across multiple customer touchpoints such as packaging, website, product descriptions, marketing materials & ad campaigns
- Work with a small creative team to enhance & expand the growing BARK Essentials brand voice.
- Take complex information & effectively simplify while educating customers on a complex product offering.
- Approach all projects through a strategic lens, honing your problem-solving skills, conceptual thinking, & writing chops.
- Work with different teams to understand & execute on varying business needs & objectives.
- Present work & thought process in an organized way
- Youve got 5+ years of experience in copywriting & expert skills in concept development.
- Strong drive to research, learn & build upon existing knowledge within the dog industry & its competitors. The ability to apply & pitch new ideas based on learnings.
- A versatile writer who has experience with both advertising & branding, & understands the difference between the two. You can also execute across platforms & tailor your copy accordingly.
- A knack for good storytelling & conversational writingability to sprinkle humor & wit to otherwise dry information
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment & to turn around tight, smart, accurate copy while meeting daily deadlines
- Excels at time-management & triaging an ever-changing priority list
- Confidence articulating your own ideas & creativity on projects
- Self-motivated: desire & ability to own projects
- Candidates must submit a portfolio of concepts & writing samples that showcase your breadth of workheadlines, articles, emails, social media.
This position is a full-time position, located at our office in Manhattan. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.