Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
TheGovernance Manager is a key role within Visa reporting directly to the Head of Governance & Performance Management. This role brings program management structure & discipline to the management of the European business. Utilizing scorecards & performance measurement as a mechanism to drive successful execution of strategic objectives & improved visibility ofperformance shortfalls.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of European Governance & driving the reporting cadence for all European functions into the Broader Leadership Team (BLT) & the CEO's Monday Morning Meetings.
This hands-on role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, strong analytical skills & the ability to drive high profile work. You will be a strong leader, be comfortable navigating challenging forces & working in a fast-paced environment with significant change. The role will require excellent organisational skills & an action-oriented approach.
What we expect of you day to day...
- Manages the European Governance Framework managing an efficient & effective governance structure, & enabling the supporting systems, processes & culture across the European business.
- Develops strong relationships with key internal stakeholders across the European region & with global counterparts
- Builds support, commitment & respect from others by demonstrating professionalism, integrity & expertise. Makes a positive impact by executing on commitments to consistently deliver exemplary results.
- Manages the cadence & calendar for the CEO's team meetings - including the Broader Leadership Team & the Operational & Strategy meetings.
- Partners with stakeholders to ensure submissions are succinct, well-structured & have a clear ask of the audience.
- Oversees scorecards & performance measurement & embeds this mechanism into governance structures to drive successful execution of strategic objectives & improved visibility ofperformance shortfalls.
- Facilitates the Governance Change Management process, ensures that changes are approved in line with governance & ensures that a robust audit trail of all changes to governance artefacts is maintained.
- Partners with Compliance & HR to monitor Senior Management compliance with the Individual Accountability Model responsibilities map & to inform mid & end of year Senior Management performance reviews.
- Demonstrates excellent collaboration skills partnering with internal stakeholders to support the work of the BPO.
- Embodies Visa's Leadership Principles & inspire others to as well.
- Mentors, junior team members including interns & apprentices.
What we're after?
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience at Visa preferred
- Self-starter with a bias toward action & proven track record for successfully developing, & implementing governance frameworks
- Independent, proactive strategic thinker with strong problem solving & decision-making skills. Experience in applying & implementing best practice principles.
- Possess a high level of professionalism & leadership skills to build business relationships, trust & respect with business partners & suppliers. Credibility to partner with, persuade & influence senior stakeholders.
- Strong program management skills with the ability to deliver through virtual teams & individuals who do not report into you
- Passionate about what you do & fired up about the opportunity to transform governance & performance management within the European region
- Strong team player, self-motivated & the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in & elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written & presentation necessary. Active listening & strong influencing skills required
- Strong sense of urgency & experience driving to successful execution
- Experienced in establishing governance reporting cycles, facilitation the provision of quality information, & performance visibility
- Experienced in the following: developing & implementing operating models & accountability models, establishing scorecards & performance metrics, establishing governance & reporting cadence.
- Comfortable working within a complex & often ambiguous environment, with the ability to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management across the organisation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients