We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Come join the team that made Tripadvisor famous across the globe! Tripadvisor is the largest travel site in the world with hundreds of millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis & hundreds of millions of user reviews.
Tripadvisors global cruise business includes Cruise Critic, the worlds largest cruise reviews & information site, offering a comprehensive resource for cruise travelers which covers audiences from first-time cruisers to avid cruise enthusiasts. Cruise Critic features more than 350,000 cruise reviews & hosts the world's largest online cruise community. Our tight group works to inspire memorable experiences through passion & excellence in editorial content, technology & industry relationships.
What we do at Cruise Critic Engineering:
- Solve challenges of scale, user engagement & traffic growth for cruisecritic.com as well our UK & AU points of sale
- Collaborate in a fast-paced, globally distributed team to address business & technological initiatives
- Work with cutting-edge technology to deliver the best user experience, coupled with sustainable tooling, test harnesses & documentation
What youll do:
CruiseCritic is looking for a strong Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will help us build, upgrade & sustain cruisecritic.com along with its supporting suite of tools & processes that enable the success of our business. Our engineers work on all areas of our diverse stack, including a growing list of new technologies, & we favor decisive, collaborative action in all that we do. A general set of responsibilities is as follows:
- Code! Most of our engineers release code to production every few days & we have an as-needed release cycle to accommodate our fast-paced goals.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you & the team
- Operate across our evolving technology stack - you'll be working with Typescript, React, NextJs, Graphql & more.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering - design, implementation, QA/CI, & maintenance.
- Touch code at every level from the UI, through backend services & down to the database.
- Collaborate closely with Product, design teams & other business stakeholders to define feature specifications & develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
What we are looking for?
- At least basic AWS experience, ideally with some serverless knowledge using Lambdas.
- Database management with MYSQL or similar relational databases.
- Knowledge in Node.js.
- Experience with Typescript
- Management of Graphql/REST services.
- Control of versions with Git.
- Experience on responsive web design, browsers compatibility & multiple support for devices.
- Follow up on Good Practices in development (unit tests, documentation, etc.)
- Chakra-UI experience a bonus.
- PHP experience is a bonus.
- Self-taught & proactive.
What youll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Annual stock awards
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Flexible summer working program
- Annual lifestyle allowance (e.g. gym memberships, office equipment, travel ect)
- Personal travel reimbursement
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Employee assistance program.
usive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.