Build & optimize our sales operations. Own sales planning. Build smart processes & infrastructure. Collaborate with our Sales, Customer Success & Finance teams.
The Role Youll Play:
The Sales Operations Manager will own the programming, execution & development of sales planning & operations at CBI. You will help run our overall sales planning process from goal-setting & incentives alignment through results measurement & commissions payout. You will help level-up our sales operations to keep pace with the scaling of our go-to-market organization, which includes 130+ team members across Sales, Customer Success & Marketing.
You will play a critical role in RevOps & our go-to-market organization - reporting to our VP of RevOps & partnering with teams across Sales, Customer Success, & Finance to drive smart revenue processes & impact.
You will help us instill structure & processes to scale, refine our approach to the market, & drive revenue impact at a high-growth SaaS company.
About the Go-to-market & RevOps team:
The RevOps team at CB Insights is at the cutting edge of the industry -- we are the vanguard of company go-to-market strategy, committed to driving measurable revenue outcomes, & are a pillar for tripling our companys revenue again in coming quarters.
RevOps at CBI is focused on driving strategic revenue impact: we strategize how to go-to-market (vs. supporting sales), we publish actionable intelligence for the business (vs. refreshing charts), we lead the identification, testing & rollout of revenue initiatives (vs. supporting the roadmap), & build an innovative & ever-evolving revtech stack to scale our business (vs. maintaining the mess).
We espouse a product-minded approach towards growth -- we are bold & hypothesis-driven, believe in test & learn & failing fast, always focus the company on our target market, & build the flywheel to automate as much growth as possible.
The RevOps function is part of Go-to-Market at CB Insights - reporting to our COO & comprising Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Enablement & RevOps.
Your Main Tasks:
- Manage our sales planning process across goal-setting, resource allocation, commissions planning & payout, & projected results
- Drive our quarterly & annual revenue planning process - managing our goal-setting, headcount planning, incentives alignment & rollout process
- Own & optimize our incentives alignment & payout process for Sales & Customer Success, in partnership with Finance
- Partner with Sales, Customer Success & Enablement team to refine our processes
- Launch improvements to critical processes - from customer segmentation to expansion forecasting
- Help manage Sales process adherence for sales & CS reps
- Assist with onboarding & training of new Sales & CS team members
- Run Sales & Revenue financial reporting
- Create monthly & quarterly content for executive presentations & external reporting
- Build & maintain dashboards to inform reps, managers & leadership of relevant results
- Track & measure key performance & projection metrics such as pipeline generation, quota achievement
- Partner with RevOps team & other stakeholders in refining our infrastructure
- Help refine our financial reporting & CRM infrastructure into a single source of truth that scales
- Help build our variable pricing model & infrastructure - including pricing tools and/or a CPQ process
What you bring to the table:
- The ideal candidate has a strong background in enterprise Sales Operations with several years of experience in running sales planning & operations processes
- Experienced in collaborating with Sales teams including managing incentives plans & commissions reconciliation
- Top-class analytics skills - advanced Excel skills with a strong understanding of SalesForce
- Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, translate them into system & process requirements, & ensure local execution & business impact.
- Team player - enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative culture & lifting up others
Understands the prospect through customer lifecycle -- from a CX, revenue funnel, & staffing perspective
- Excellent communicator
- Proficient across the RevTech stack -- in particular Salesforce, forecasting tools. Bonus points for experience with Intacct or Conga. BI tool experience a plus.
- Experience with pricing analysis & CPQ process / tools a plus
- Bachelors degree required, MBA a plus.
- Financial and/or accounting background a plus.
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
Youll be successful here if:
- Youre knowledgeable & innovative: You know the playbooks that work elsewhere, & build the ones that works for CBI
- Youre a true owner: You have an ownership mindset & instill it in your team. You set an example for owning & learning from wins, failures & bets.
- You focus on results: You dont believe in vanity metrics, & believe in taking swings at big outcomes.
- Youre collaborative & to build something great together: You believe in shared wins & want to be a critical team member in scaling CBI to $150M+. You believe our success is your success & vice versa
- You draw the owl
- Amazing culture that emphasizes folks who have high standards, humility, hunger, helpfulness & who work hard. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 600k people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: Daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!