At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization..
You're an enthusiastic app developer looking to take your skills to the next level by joining our Android team. We build apps used by millions of people, & we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, & an organization built around rapid releases. Within the teams, backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, demos & retrospectives keep us agile, & accountable. Continuous integration with automated testing allows us to run a bi-weekly release train. Our beta release process gives us useful insight into user behavior & heavy use of analytics, A/B testing & feature flagging allows for rapid iteration. With a focus on delightful user experiences, we balance building new features, refactoring code, & tweaking existing features based on analytics data. Every line of code gets reviewed by other developers, every pixel inspected by designers, & every feature hammered on by manual & automated QA.
- Work within our product teams to build exciting features
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Extend & implement our APIs
- Implement unit & UI automation tests
- Experience using design & architecture patterns
- Understand unit testing
- Knowledge of Java, Kotlin or NET
- Good sense of usability & product
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, accessing data storages
- Experience pursuing side projects or open source projects.
- Shipped Android apps, available on Google Play
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.