Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
We are looking for anEngineeringSupport Specialistto join our growing Learning & Knowledge Management (LKM) team. The LKM team sits within our Engineering organization & helps empower engineers to work more effectively. The Engineering Support Specialist will assist senior leaders across our Engineering organization, with an emphasis on Learning & Knowledge Management.The Support Specialist will help the Engineering organization run. From coordinating cross-team meetings to keeping engineers in-the-know to booking team building events, this support role will juggle a variety of assignments from multiple Eng leaders.
If you are a self-starter with a bias for action & a passion for helping others, & are undeterred by changing priorities & varying work assignments, then this role may be right for you.
Your Day Might Include:
- Scheduling meetings including book clubs, tech talks, & Eng-wide updates
- Keeping engineers informed through a variety of internal communications channels
- Video recording presentations
- Contributing to our wiki documentation
- Meeting with Engineering leaders to identify additional work assignments
- Booking team building events
- Chipping in wherever you can help
Who You Are:
- You have experience in a support role
- You have exceptional writing & verbal communication skills
- You have a bias for action & are driven to execute assignments in a timely fashion
- You are hungry to learn & grow in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working collaboratively to identify & complete work assignments
If you work best when supporting a single leader or only on one task at a time, then this role probably isnt for you. Were looking for a driven individual who can effectively handle competing requests from several different leaders, some with very short lead times. To be successful, you will need to have a bias for action, be able to prioritize assignments, work well under pressure, & keep stakeholders informed of your progress.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.