We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Within Tripadvisor, the Commerce team is responsible for maintaining the company's business-critical Hotel Auction, which runs billions of times per day to help travelers book the perfect hotel stay while generating hundreds of millions of dollars in annual revenue. In addition to deploying highly-performant, consumer-scale web services that power the auction, we also maintain back-office systems that process a massive amount of data, delivering valuable insights to auction partners & business stakeholders.
We are looking for an experienced back-end software engineer to maintain & enhance the auctions core features, as well as modernize & streamline the supporting infrastructure that keeps it running efficiently & reliably around the clock.
Working collaboratively with a variety of business & engineering stakeholders, this new Commerce team member will:
- Design, implement, test, & deploy new features & improvements to help the team execute on key Product & engineering-driven initiatives.
- Work effectively across all layers of the service stack, from designing clean microservice APIs, to building efficient ETLs that feed data-hungry applications by crunching data from a variety of relational/non-relational sources.
- Own projects end-to-end: from initial design, requirements-vetting, & estimation, to verifying changes in production & proactively addressing any follow-up tasks.
- Develop expertise in one or more technical areas & share their knowledge with the team.
- Provide code-reviews to teammates, ensuring that a proposed change meets to the teams coding standards, best practices, & audit requirements.
- Actively seek feedback from peers, & help promote a collaborative, fast-paced engineering culture.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar technical program
- 2+ years of professional, full-lifecycle software development experience within the context of a large-scale web application or service, written in Java (preferred) or C#
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, & object-oriented design
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and/or data-warehouse technologies like Hadoop, Hive, & Snowflake
- Demonstrated ability to take end-to-end ownership of projects, working independently & collaboratively to clarify requirements, choose an appropriate implementation approach, & deliver high-quality code
- Experience with building & deploying software solutions on an AWS stack
- Experience defining AWS infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, CDK) & CI/CD pipelines
- Experience participating in an operational support rotation
- Experience managing Linux (CentOS) server environments