The People Team at Harry's is here to make Harrys a better place to do great work, grow our people, & build an innovative business. We are looking for enthusiastic, humble, & curious people-loving-people to join us!
As the Manager, Compensation, you will become the second member of the Harrys Compensation team, focused on administering & enhancing the compelling compensation programs that we offer. This role is tailor made for someone who understands that compensation isnt one-size fits all, cares deeply about how their work impacts the team, & is dedicated to ensuring our compensation programs strengthen the employee experience. Harrys is also embarking on a multi-year journey towards greater compensation transparency, so if you get excited about creating & managing processes & practices that enable us to share deeper insights & data with our team, then this role is for you!
What you will accomplish
- Serve as a key player in the day-to-day operations by managing compensation data requests from cross-functional partners, overseeing the new hire offer approval exception process, & providing support for compensation & short & long term incentive programs & projects
- Manage external benchmarking process by submitting data to compensation survey submissions. Manage relationships with third-party vendors for survey submissions.
- Keep a pulse on the compensation landscape by reviewing & analyzing the benchmark data, & making recommendations to our compensation ranges & equity guidelines to ensure market competitiveness. Update & maintain compensation ranges & equity guidelines.
- Independently manage mid-year promotion compensation cycle & partner with the Senior Compensation Manager on a seamless administration of the annual merit cycle
- Tracks YTD results for performance-based cash & equity incentive programs. Track utilization of equity budget & provide quarterly updates on usage & dilution to Harrys Leadership & Compensation Committee
- Manage recurring equity processes, including monthly equity approvals & terminations & serve as the first point of contact for equity questions from current & former employees.
- Collaborate with the Senior Compensation Manager to research & develop new compensation program initiatives & improve current processes. Assist drive the change management & communication efforts associated with implementation
This should describe you
- Demonstrated experience in multiple areas of compensation - job matching & market pricing, incentive compensation, etc.
- Intermediate Google Sheets or Excel knowledge including sorting/filtering, pivot tables, complex functions & strong quantitative skills
- You have excellent judgment & the ability to think critically. You operate with a high level of autonomy & are solution-oriented, with a track record of solid decision making.
- You are highly organized & great at multitasking. You sweat the small stuff. You have systems & processes in place to ensure nothing falls through the cracks. You don't get stressed with a lot thrown at you, & can execute quickly but with a high degree of accuracy.
- You work well with fast-changing priorities. You can juggle (not literally but that skill is welcome too!) multiple projects & tasks at the same time without losing focus. You know how to persevere through all challenges & will find a solution, even when an obvious one doesnt exist.
- You get excited about improving programs & processes, & finding efficiencies
- You are endlessly reliable, trustworthy, & responsive. Everyone counts on you all of the time, & you always come through. You communicate proactively & empathetically. You can handle sensitive information, maintain confidentiality, & address sensitive situations in a constructive & compassionate manner
- You love all things related to data. You have an ability to see data & numbers & know how to translate this into something meaningful. Youre willing to get deep into the data when the situation calls for it. You bring an analytical approach to problem solving.
Heres who youll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Compensation Manager
- Working on the People Team
- Working cross-functionally with & becoming a trusted-go-to-resource on compensation for Recruiting, People Business Partners, & Finance
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, Canada, Germany, France, Belgium, & the Netherlands, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, & expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse. We have also launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, & Headquarters, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum!
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.