We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our R&D center in Sofia to work remotely with the TLV team. The position is to be part of a Development team responsible for Vias production quality, cutting-edge server software & scalable, robust infrastructure to deliver Via's ride sharing service in NYC & globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via's dispatch operators & drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides in mass scale.
What Youll Do:
- Implement the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer & driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service.
- Define & implement effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.Designing & implementing POCs & production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics , operational shift management & more.
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of backend programming experience.
- You have a solid background in an object oriented programming language.
- You are familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS or other platforms).
- You are not afraid of multi tasking & switching between different programming languages, each suitable for different tasks.
- You have experience working with remote teams.
- You are a fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines & methods.
- You are a team player with great communication skills.
- You are pragmatic. When you hear about a difficult problem you are able to transform it into a simple one (or more), that you can easily solve.
- You are concise - you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
- You are proficient in English.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Computer Science degree or similar.
- Some experience with frontend development using Angular/React.
- Proficiency in Python.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems & sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized & customizable solutions for each & every one of our global partners (100 & counting, last we checked)
Long story short: were very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world & modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Via cares about your health & safety & takes prevention & control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process & we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment & hiring process in the company.