When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 6 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 6 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
In this role you'll be involved in two key areas:
- Design the rider support proposition & strategy
- Drive cross-functional projects to materialise this strategy
You'll also work very closely with the following stakeholders:
- Local Rider Support Operations teams to shape the rider support proposition through a robust & analytical approach
- Tech Organisation to inform & influence priorities and/or products that have the most impact on rider experience
- Central functions to ensure we can achieve our objectives profitably & within the constraints of evolving legal environments
- Define our rider support strategy including the channels of communication & the service level requirements
- Define the metrics of success, how we measure these & how to drive improvement
- Identify areas for improvement & seek ways to drive down rider contacts
- Ensure local teams have the right level of resources, the right tools & processes, the right content & the right level of training
- Balance strategic design with practicability, & be keenly aware of implications across other parts of the business
- Possess strong desire to galvanise action within Deliveroo & land operational changes successfully
- Adaptable with a can-do attitude - is positive & proactive, & energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change. You will be comfortable making quick yet calculated decisions, even in times of ambiguity.
- Obsessive about improvement - Has a passion for incremental optimisation/continuous improvement & comes up with both hacky & more gold-plated improvements
- An effective communicator & collaborator- has great interpersonal skills & the ability to quickly gain the trust & respect of others & to get their buy-in/sign-off. Proactive in gathering input from relevant stakeholders to co-create pragmatic solutions.
- Logical, structured & data-driven - is able to use logic & data to prioritise & drive change. Ability to balance this with the bigger picture & how projects align with the direction the business is heading in.
- Impact driven can manage multiple projects in a logical, structured & disciplined way. Be able to model the costs & benefits of various solutions to increase rider retention through service, or designing the roll out plan for a new rider proposition.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Has 5+ years experience as an Associate (or equivalent) in a consulting firm or strategy function in a top-tier corporate
- Has a deep desire to solve real world problems, who sees the beauty of data & structure & how important these are to understanding a problem & identifying effective solutions
- Can prioritise effectively as well as lead multiple project workstreams concurrently & independently
- Is adept at conducting 80/20 analysis, drawing out business insights from that analysis & presenting findings & recommendations persuasively
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Has solid Excel & modelling skills
- Can demonstrate effective PowerPoint skills in terms of speed & quality of output
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer & plenty more we havent even encountered. How do data & technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - & there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.