Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, the Graphic Designer, Production is meticulous, flexible & solutions-oriented. Reporting to the Senior Creative Director, you will be a key member of the creative team, supporting Marketing & other internal clients in the development of digital & static creative assets, videos, animations, illustrations, decks, & other production materials. Areas of focus include our high-growth out of home & programmatic offerings, & products such as LinkNYC.
In your first three months, you will:
- Establish yourself as a go-to member of the design team
- Work collaboratively to create stand-out digital & static assets
- Build a thorough knowledge of our brands, brand assets, & creative guidelines
- Flex your video editing muscles, working with our photographers & marketing managers across the country to deliver top tier video assets
- Hone your project management skills, crafting briefs & working closely with colleagues to deliver projects under tight deadlines
Within your first year, you will:
- Establish yourself as a highly valued member of the Marketing team, developing new skills to continuously improve output
- Manage projects from initial brief to final delivery, liaising with internal & external stakeholders & executing to the highest level
- Feel comfortable juggling multiple projects, prioritizing work, & scheduling tasks autonomously
- Develop a strong understanding of how our assets can answer a client's brief, elevate a brand & stop audiences in their tracks
- Strive to improve processes by anticipating & solving problems
You are awesome for this role because:
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a design role, preferably in an agency, tech or start-up environment
- You have a Bachelor's degree in design or a related field
- Youre an Adobe Creative Suite expert (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, InDesign); with proficiency in Sketch & Google Slides
- You're a savvy, self-motivated multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple projects seamlessly
- Youre a skilled video editor with a sharp eye for detail
- You are a production wiz, with a solid understanding of layout, composition, & typography
- You have exceptional organization & time management skills; innate ability to deliver projects under tight deadlines
- You have experience with motion graphics
- You have a wealth of experience with photo retouching, creating presentation materials & other production work
- Youre an experienced digital illustrator
- Youre comfortable working as a contributing member of a team, helping establish team standards & mentoring colleagues
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must submit an up-to-date online portfolio featuring work samples related to the job requirements.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer