Flywheel Sports, headquartered in NYC, is a rapidly growing boutique fitness brand & indoor cycling phenomenon, with 29 studios around the globe, & exciting expansion plans ahead. Since our launch in 2010, we have been at the forefront of the disruptive fitness movement, delivering a high intensity cardio workout in a fun, welcoming & energetic atmosphere, utilizing our proprietary technology to enable riders to gauge their output & track their progress.
In this role, you will be responsible for software development & data architecture related to the design & implementation of new web applications as well as the extension & maintenance of Flywheels existing platform.
You must be entrepreneurial & comfortable as a builder.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Partner with the team in developing Flywheels IT strategy
- Establish & implement short & long-range goals, objectives, & operating procedures
- Build & test quality software to solve Flywheels problems & create exciting functionality to delight customers
- You will be responsible for the operations & day-to-day management of the vital web infrastructure that handles all of Flywheels customer transactions & data.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- BS or MS in computer science/engineering or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of full stack development experience
- Savvy business judgment, which includes respect for current people & processes while introducing business improvements
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with an ability to drive results with a limited resource base
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, & change management
- Experience in examining & re-engineering operations & procedures
- Proven ability in developing & directing teams, motivating managers, & coaching organizational leaders
- Proven track record of delivering scalable solutions & quality products
- Unquestioned ethics & integrity
- Highly developed & demonstrated professional written & verbal communication & interpersonal skills
Nice to Have:
- Comfortable at command line & with running a LAMP server
- Experience developing big data, data warehouse / business intelligence solution. Experience using Amazon Redshift & visualization using Tableau is a plus.
- Experience working with a content management system, particularly Drupal
- Experience working with marketing teams to help implement data-driven, targeted marketing initiatives
- Experience with hardware hacking & embedded programming on the Arduino platform
- Familiarity & experience with NetSuite & ERP implementation