Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about engaging & expanding our growing community through narrative-driven content.
We are looking for an experienced content leader to build a new content marketing function at DigitalOcean. Reporting to the VP of Content & Communications, the Senior Content Marketing Manager will collaborate with key Product Marketing, Communications, & Revenue Marketing stakeholders to build compelling thought leadership content to engage SMBs & the developer community. This leader will have a proven track record of building & fostering positive, data-driven teams who instinctively tell engaging stories that captivate new audiences. Blog, guide, case study, & website writing are all part of your existing playbook, but creating engaging stories is your real passion. Youre both a content strategist & team leader, but you also shine when it comes to execution.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Developing a comprehensive content marketing strategy that introduces new programs to serve both existing & new target markets
- Thoughtfully creating the messaging strategy for our SMB & startup audiences, while not alienating our existing developer community
- Building & mentoring a team of content creators, web writers, & storytellers that scales to support our growth strategy
- Creating feedback loops on traffic, revenue, & customer retention metrics with key marketing stakeholders & leaders
- Building a process of cross-collaboration for content creation, promotion, & measurement
- Collaborating with the Product Marketing & Digital Experience Teams to create compelling written & visual customer stories, particularly focused on SMBs
- Owning the DO blog strategy & making it a key destination for growing businesses
- Envisioning new ways to re-package our existing content to appeal to a broader market
- Serving as a thought partner for the Communications Team on byline development & ideation
- Spearheading voice & style guideline creation in collaboration with Digital Experience
What Well Expect From You:
- Significant content marketing leadership experience in tech - SaaS experience & experience marketing to developers is a plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Skilled at thinking about the big picture & building overarching narratives, while still being able to get into the fine details
- A passion for technology, development, & the cloud, with the ability to engage with software developers
- A deep understanding of the developer & technical entrepreneurial mindset, & the needs of small & medium developer teams
- Impeccably organized, with the ability to multitask & prioritize multiple projects at once
- Experience measuring content performance & using data to engage & persuade stakeholders
- A passion for growing teams & investing in people
- Experience building messaging frameworks & aligning your content development around key themes
- An excitement to work on high visibility projects in a fast paced environment
- BA/BS degree
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!