Do you know modern web stacks from soup to nuts? Have strong opinions about clean URLs, dirty objects in ORMs, & know where MVC works versus where it doesnt? We want to talk to you!
Beeswax is an easy to use, massive scale & high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. Were well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE & Foundry Group, & are rapidly expanding our customer list & our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible & transparent advertising system in the world & process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon & Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. Building & selling great advertising software that were proud of is the absolute heart of our mission.
At our transaction volumes we regularly deal with scaling challenges as our tech grows & evolves. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs & carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant & thoughtfully designed APIs to make the systems accessible to both our team & our customers.
As our newest Web Engineer you will:
- Work on the REST API & a JS application built on top of it that our customers use to configure our systems
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers & data scientists to evolve these services to provide new experiences for our customers as well as meet our ever-growing scale
- Do fun tasks like reviewing code, writing design docs & closing JIRA tickets
Ideal candidates will have:
- 2+ years of web engineering experience at strong software companies
- Experience building JS heavy web applications in ideally more than one well known framework
- Comfort with & an understanding of relational databases (we use Amazon Aurora)
- A solid understanding of modern operational processes & concerns for web applications (deployment, provisioning, monitoring)
- Experience with building & operating a modern REST API (ie. Swagger, monitoring, rate limiting, authentication, etc.) or using them from a client perspective
- A strong grasp of software architecture (either through a degree or from learning it themselves)
- An ability to think about & tackle problems analytically
Successful engineers at Beeswax have:
- An ethic of service & a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology & a desire to use it to solve problems in all sorts of domains
- An openness to feedback & more than just the spelling skills to know that theres no I in Team
- An appreciation of repeatability, resilience, observability, & operational simplicity