** This role will be expected to work out of our NY office in a Hybrid capacity **
VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative & media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients & delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 & has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore & Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards & The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
VaynerMedia is searching for a Data Engineer, someone who is driven to build a new data & measurement platform for our clients & team members designed to drive best in class data management for our Fortune 500 brand roster.
As a member of the data infrastructure & visualization team within the Analytics discipline, your focus is on building & delivering at scale the reporting & advanced analytics infrastructure for all VaynerMedia Clients. In the Data Engineering role, youll be working with internal stakeholders, analysts & data scientists, while collaborating with data engineers to define & deliver on the cloud infrastructure needs for VaynerMedia. This position requires a passionately driven data engineer who has a strong technical background & a desire to contribute in the successful deployment of large scale cloud solutions.
- Debug production issues across our organizations cloud infrastructure
- Develop & implement ETL/ELT solutions leveraging cloud based architecture. Design the ingestion layer & data transformation & normalization to optimize querying performance & reporting outputs
- Experience with SQL scripting language to maintain & troubleshoot queries & processes within cloud based data warehouse
- Expertise in python to help develop & maintain scripts that enhance data automation, data hygiene, & connect to 3rd party platforms for data retrieval & storage on AWS
- Manage integrations from 3rd party solutions, with a focus on increasing process efficiencies in a cost-effective manner
- Partner with the Analytics team to automate & scale processes that improve data utilization & reporting deliverables
- Understanding & Documenting business requirements & technical specifications related to new data integrations. Design & execute unit testing to help mitigate data discrepancies in support of client reporting
- 3 to 5 years of data engineering experience, particularly in support of cloud based data warehouse
- Strong knowledge of working in Snowflake & AWS (Redshift, Athena)
- Expert in hands on Python development
- Expertise in building ETL/ELT pipelines in an cloud based data warehouse
- Experience with 3rd party data ingestions & normalization via APIs, peer-to-peer networks, SFTP, etc
- Comfortable with leading requirement gathering sessions across verticals (analytics, media, or finance teams)
- Adapt communication style to relevant audiences (from technical teams to non-technical stakeholders)
- Communicates effectively via emails & in presentations
- Present complex ideas in practical terms to non technical stakeholders