Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration & workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, & we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market & define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 100,000 businesses, including 67% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
Our Desktop Engineering teams, based in Poland & in the US, works closely together to delight our users by bringing the power of Boxs content cloud to where the users get their work done - on their Windows & MacOS devices. We build applications that help users access & collaborate on their documents from cloud with the familiarity of their local computer & local applications. We are looking for a leader for our MacOS engineering team. In this leadership role, you will nurture the team, develop our engineers & drive projects to successful on-time delivery. Your impact will reach millions of users, who use Box desktop application to get their work done on a daily basis.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years experience as a software engineering manager, ideally leading distributed teams
- 8+ years experience in a software engineering or related profession
- Strong empathy for users & customers - a desire to understand their use cases, & solve their pain points
- Experience driving effective execution with agile processes in a highly dynamic environment
- People-oriented leader, able to model & cultivate an inclusive & collaborative culture
- Strong communicator, able to build a compelling vision for their team
- Passion for engineering excellence, quality, simplicity & continuous improvement
- Building & shipping Windows or MacOS applications
- Working with distributed teams in different timezones
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a team of experienced engineers
- Collaborate effectively with other desktop application teams & other departments, including product, design, QA & user-services located across the globe
- Define team's technical strategy & roadmap, lead planning & execution, & take ownership of delivery
- Develop your team members via 1:1s, career planning, coaching discussions, timely career guidance
- Actively drive software development best practices & quality Box products
- Strengthen the team by hiring great engineers
- Model & uphold our values through building a collaborative, inclusive team with a focus on customer impact & building for leverage