Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is building out our Super Network Operations Center, or SNOC. This team is part of Twilios Super Network business unit, the cross-functional team responsible for the software, hardware, commercial relationships, & operations necessary to run our global network of carrier partners. The SNOC team is responsible for monitoring the performance of our carrier partner network & troubleshooting carrier-related issues across both Voice & SMS. The SNOC works tirelessly to ensure that our carrier partner network provides the high quality & high performance that Twilios customers expect.
Twilio is looking for a NOC Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & at least 2 years of expertise in Voice, & is eager & willing to learn the other technology. You know how to work effectively with carriers to address issues & achieve results for our customers. You are calm under pressure as you respond to alerts & quickly troubleshoot network incidents.
More specifically, we seek someone with the following background:
- Voice (SIP/RTP, G.711/G.729, & related telephony protocols/standards), though ideally you are skilled in both Voice & SMS.
- IP Network knowledge (IPv4/IPv6, CIDR, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, SSL/TLS, etc).
- 2+ years previous experience working in a network operations center and/or in an analytical/routing role for a network operator or telecommunication provider.
- Experience working with industry-standard monitoring tools.
Further, you should be someone who is:
- A clear verbal & written communicator.
- Empathetic & customer centric to the core.
- Thorough, organized, & process-oriented to the extreme.
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Capable of learning quickly & mastering every aspect of complicated systems.
- Data- & metrics-driven.
- Capable of working independently.
Although not prerequisites for the role, the following are nice-to-haves:
- Strong computer science and/or data management background.
- Basic understanding of & comfort with software development, including programming experience.
- Fluency in additional spoken languages.
As a NOC Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Respond to system alerts indicating network performance issues - investigate & troubleshoot problems, perform technical changes on our side, and/or work wit.h carrier partners to resolve issues. Respond to incoming carrier partner notifications such as maintenance or service degradation notices
- BE AN OWNER: Own incidents & incident communication with carrier partners & internal stakeholders. Manage, record, & track incidents & create internal and/or customer-facing reports.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Understand the impact of incidents for our customers. Conduct regular operational meetings with your counterparts at our carrier partners to resolve ongoing issues quickly & to proactively prevent future problems.
- DRAW THE OWL: Make process improvements & create documentation to ensure peak performance of the operation.
- DON'T SETTLE: Identify requirements for tools necessary to automate & streamline operational processes.
- Twilio operates a global 24x7 monitoring operation so the ability to work weekends & holidays is required.
Twilios mission is to fuel the future of communications, & the mission of the SNOC team is to ensure that our carrier partner network is delivering on our promise of seamless Voice & SMS communications around the world. As a member of this team, you will be critical to the success of our mission as Twilio expands its SMS & Voice product offerings. Our customers need to be able to trust that Twilios Super Network is up & running 24x7.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position can be based out of any of our office locations Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, Estonia. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, political views or activity, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local law. Twilio is committed to supporting our disabled candidates in our job application process. If you need assistance or a change to the hiring process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.