Communication has changed for people. Its changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycleacross acquisition, engagement, & support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, & so much more.
What's the opportunity?
You will do meaningful product design work at ahighly admired product-driven company that's driving real change in the industry.
Each product designer at Intercom works in a team with a product manager, up to 6 engineers, & some also work directly with research & analytics. Together they own a part of Intercom, ship solutions to challenging problems & get feedback directly from customers.
We've had designers in key leadership roles, including at the exec level, from the very beginning. This has made design a core foundation of our company's DNA. This means that you'll never have to justify the importance of design.
We genuinely care about people & value kindness in our everyday interactions. You'll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn & grow no matter how experienced you are.
If you want to learn more about what it's like to work here, check outintercom.design, readwhat makes us different, & watch a keynote from our CEO talking about our mission, vision & thenext chapter of Intercom.
What will I be doing?
- Design & ship experiments that drive our business growth
- Tackle nuanced problems like improving customer activation or monetization by helping customers to get the most value from Intercom
- Adopt a learn-through-experimentation approach to both customer problems & business needs
- Work from clear problems, hypotheses & goals based on research & data
- Explore & refine concepts & narrow to the best solution quickly without losing effort
- Create simple, cohesive, elegant solutions to complex interaction or information architecture problems with high quality interaction & visual design
- Iterate based on findings from research, experiment results & feedback from your team
- Work closely with engineers as they build & ship solutions
What skills do I need?
See what we look for when we hire designers
- Comfort or experience driving measurable outcomes through experimentation
- Strong bias toward learning fast, taking action, & focusing on results
- Experience designing solutions that solve complex interaction flows across pages & components
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed interaction & visual design
- The ability todesign systems, not just interface elements or pages
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Figma, Sketch, etc.
- The ability to create detailed prototypes using any tool like Figma, Framer, Principle, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- Excellent communication of design work & your rationale behind proposals
- The ability to self-start & desire to deeply collaborate with others
- A growth mindset with the desire to make things better
- As a bonus: experience in growth design, optimizing for conversion & activation
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges, rather than focusing just on visuals & landing pages.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If theres something important to you thats not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary & equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods & a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health & dental insurance for you & your dependents
- Open vacation policy & flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If youre cycling, weve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but were happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people & we want to continue to attract & retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive & diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.