About the Company:
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision & natural language processing. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, & text data into structured data at a significantly faster & more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States & in Tallinn, Estonia.
We have secured $40M in funding up to date, backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, & Corazon Capital.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, & retaining a diverse workforce.
As a Senior Engineer, you collaborate with your colleagues on the backend team to set a technical vision for our AI systems, as well as train & mentor engineers to develop their skills & technical understanding. You architect our AI web services in addition to improving existing features, reliability, flexibility, & scalability as usage increases.
We are looking for someone comfortable in several programming languages & excited about building new features in Go & Python. You should care about software design & have built systems that other people love to use & work with, & have experience building & scaling distributed, highly-available systems.
You build the systems & services behind the Clarifai magic. Neural networks are data-hungry beasts, & you keep them well fed!
As a core team member building & improving our AI platform you will work with a variety of technologies (Python, Golang, C++, Postgres, Redshift, Docker, Redis, REST, AWS, & Kubernetes. Don't worry if you haven't used some of these, we will teach you anything you don't know!). Your work will enable customers & researchers to build production level ML/DL models at scale.
- A minimum of 3+ year of backend software development experience (i.e. C++, Python, Java, Golang, C#, etc.)
- Understanding of microservices architecture & best practices
- Strong background in building scalable & fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Past experience in building applications such as data pipelines, data caching/storage systems, and/or RPC services
- Experience with performance tuning
- Self driven, communicative, & fun to work with
- Agile experience
Great to Have:
- Experience with Golang or Python is a huge plus
- Previous experience with developing machine learning infrastructure
- Deep understanding of any SQL/NoSQL DB.
- Experience working in a tech company/industry. AI experience is a plus.
- Experience working on a distributed team
In the first month, youll start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Get familiar with our code base (as well as the backend & infrastructure teams). We would like you to take this time to get comfortable working with what weve built & who has helped build it so far, & give us the feedback only a fresh perspective can bring.
- Learn about the distinctive challenges of machine learning systems using GPUs.
- Identify & resolve production bugs.
Within 3 months, you will have gained confidence in the code & will:
- Help to plan feature development, requirements, & our technical road map.
- Accelerate development of our machine learning API feature set.
- Improve user management & refining API permissions
- Build & measure benchmarking & stress test tools.
Within 6 months, youll:
- Measure & optimize the customer facing custom training API service.
- Design, deploy & run web-scale distributed storage systems of various flavors, both relational (mysql, postgres) & nosql (redis, elasticsearch, etc.).
- Expand on quality assurance infrastructure & continuous deployment.
- Identify web security risks & write tools to improve security issues.
- Work closely & communicate with product managers on hiring & timelines.