Birchbox was founded in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: weve activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty & grooming by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isnt the simple concept of delivering a box of samples its understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in three countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US.
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. See here to find out how Birchbox is making a difference.
We are looking for a hardworking & motivated self-starter who can assist the global Accounting & Finance team. The ideal candidate is able to handle multiple projects & prioritize, while being an excellent all-around team player. As an integral part of a small team, you will play a fundamental role in creating efficiencies & best practices in a constantly growing & evolving environment.
You will perform a broad spectrum of accounting tasks, such as: assisting in the month-end close process, ensuring accuracy & efficiency of the cash management process, the accounts payable process, sales tax reporting, & balance sheet reconciliations. You will work closely with the Senior Global Accountant & the Accounting & Finance team, as well as gain exposure to other departments & leadership throughout the company.
**This role is located in New York, NY & will be remote until 2021 due to COVID.**
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Accounts Payable function
- Oversee our third party AP service provider
- Create new vendors
- Monitor the AP inbox & address queries
- Maintain daily technical interface between ERP & external AP platform & troubleshooting exceptions
- Schedule weekly payment runs
- Assist in the month-end close process
- Month-end close process across revenue, cost of goods sold, inventory & SG&A expenses
- Expense accrual process for timely expense recognition
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including resolving reconciling items in a timely manner
- Monthly, quarterly, & annual sales & use tax filings & regulatory audits
- Annual external audit
- Troubleshoot JDE transaction flows & interfaces with other systems, including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Purchasing, Inventory & Manufacturing
- Administer the expense reimbursement platform & process all out of pocket & corporate card reports, while ensuring compliance with internal corporate policies & tax regulations
- Process daily inventory & cash transactions
- Update weekly cash balances & perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Experience in general accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel & Google Sheets skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in public accounting
- Bachelors degree or higher in accounting
- Experience with ERP systems, JDE preferred
A successful candidate is:
. excited to learn the nuts & bolts of in-house accounting
. able to work in a fast-paced work environment, juggle competing priorities, & work within financial reporting deadlines
able to work independently & in a team setting
..knowledgeable of accounting concepts & has a proven ability to apply them in a real world setting
..able to wear many hats in an accounting function & excited to jump from bank reconciliations to physical inventory policies all in a day's work
.self-motivated & arent afraid of taking on new challenges, rolling up your sleeves, & working with a small team to troubleshoot & problem solve
.genuinely interested in riding the growth wave of a start-up company embracing the excitement of our challenges, the camaraderie of a passionate & hard working team, the inevitable growing pains, & the celebration of our milestones