Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Essential Functions - As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will become part of the Issuer Processing Performance Test Engineering team, where you will be accountable for the creation of application/system/service performance plans & models. You will work with architects, developers, product owners/managers, project managers & test engineers to define adequate testing strategies, scripts & scenarios to evaluate, troubleshoot, tune & certify.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Expert level knowledge & experience with Performance Test tools such as Performance Center, LoadRunner, Jmeter, etc
- Expert level knowledge & experience with Application Performance Monitoring solutions such as OpNET, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc
- Hands-on experience navigating, troubleshooting & optimizing internals of the Unix/Linux & Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience navigating & debugging program languages such as Java, Python, C#, C++, .NET
- Experience tuning & optimizing Databases such as Oracle, MSSQL, Mongo, Cassandra
- Advanced written & verbal communication skills, including strong leadership & interpersonal capabilities
- Self-motivated, independent & solutions-oriented
- Familiarity with payment processing systems/services/domain
- Demonstrate a team-driven attitude, ready to innovate, collaborate & resolve issues.
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to balance deliverables & meet necessary deadlines.
- Proven track record of success both as an individual contributor as well as a leader
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
- Incumbent is expected to work during core business hours
- Incumbent will be expected to travel less than 5%
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.