Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Technology, the Director of Bioinformatics will be an experienced group leader who can bring their knowledge of bioinformatics, experimental data analysis, & deployment of novel NGS assays & bioinformatics methods through analytical validation into clinical environments to lead & mentor a team of talented bioinformaticians & scientists. The team will own experimental data analysis across the entire lifecycle of Guardant360 & OMNI products, including both internal deployment in our own CLIA environment, IVD development & validation, & support of any external deployments through our partnerships. This unique position requires a combination of very high technical expertise with great people & management skills. The successful candidate will lead a growing team that is working across multiple development projects, building robust infrastructure for bioinformatics analysis, informing assay development & troubleshooting with insights generated from analysis of experimental data, determining reagent, assay & bioinformatics algorithmic capability, structuring analytical validation for CLIA & IVD grade clinical tests & enabling critical impact of taking the assays & bioinformatics pipelines through the analytical validation finish line. This bioinformatics team is working very closely with the assay technology development group, so enabling the culture of data driven development through in-depth analysis of experimental data is one of the keys to success. Guardant Health uses agile design & implementation practices coupled with the extensive validation & documentation required in a clinical environment. The company thrives by combining the best ideas & practices from molecular biology, bioinformatics, genomics, & clinical testing to improve healthcare for everyone.
- Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Technology, the Director will lead & grow the bioinformatics team to meet corporate goals. Specifically, the Director will:
- Provide leadership & mentorship to the technical team for the experimental data analysis in assay development, troubleshooting, & sustaining support of existing products;
- Lead the bioinformatics team through interactions with technical development team, reagent manufacturing, operations, laboratory directors, quality, & regulatory teams in support of product validation in both CLIA & IVD environments;
- Extend Guardant's capabilities from local CLIA deployments to working with external partners on implementation of our clinical products;
- Define vision for generating insights from experimental data analysis for both assay improvement & bioinformatics pipeline improvement, defining assay & bioinformatics capabilities, & structuring validation at Guardant Health;
- Work across functional teams at Guardant Health to provide bioinformatics support for new assays, analysis methods, & pipelines;
- Hire & develop a world-class computational analysis biology & bioinformatics team.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, physical sciences, or computer science;
- 7-10+ years of experience with a minimum of 5 years' experience managing people & projects at an intersection of bioinformatics & assay development for clinical products;
- Demonstrated experience in developing methods for analysis of experimental data in genomics & Next Generation Sequencing, with broad knowledge of bioinformatics algorithms, tools, & statistical methods;
- Strong knowledge of statistics & computational biology algorithms for genomic analysis (including statistical methods employed in analytical validation) & cancer genomics (alignment, variant calling, general multivariate statistical inference);
- A strong track-record of leadership, mentoring, & developing teams that realize a potential greater than the sum of the parts.
Advantage if you have:
- Experience in launching NGS based products in CLIA/CAP labs & IVD environment, including FDA interaction & strategy development.
- Experience in oncology NGS applications
- Experience with scalable software development practices & all phases of the software development life cycle (design, implementation, testing, release, branching, etc.);Good proficiency with scripting & statistical applications such as Python, R;
- Startup experience in a company or newly formed group a plus;
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.