Who We Are
Summer's mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time & money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise & innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, & engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We're registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A & are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, & QED Investors-and our first partner is Yale University.
As Summer's Head of Talent Acquisition, you will design & execute a best-in-class recruiting strategy as we accelerate our team's growth:
- Serve as a beacon of our inclusive, innovative, & mission-driven company culture
- Manage the full cycle of recruiting candidates from sourcing through close
- Collaborate on strategic talent initiatives, including partnerships, career fairs, & networking events
- Develop creative campaigns to enhance our external recruitment pipeline
- Understand the fintech landscape, including industry news & competitive analysis
- Leverage recruiting data to establish success metrics & provide recommendations
- Collect feedback from candidates & continuously improve the candidate experience
To lead the development of our fast-growing team, we are seeking a teammate with 7+ years of experience managing & scaling recruiting at technology companies, preferably in NYC. In addition to proficiency using ATS systems & strong project management skills, we will be evaluating your track record of success with technical talent acquisition on high-growth teams, as well as your alignment with Summer's mission of empowering borrowers to achieve their financial goals.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, & fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, & flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!