Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 18,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As our Diversity & Inclusion Manager you will create & implement programs that support our Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging mission at Compass. You will play a strategic role in Compass scaling, sustaining & maintaining inclusion best practices through various programs & initiatives that align with Compass values & business goals.
- Partner with People & Culture (HR), Corporate Communications, Business & Technical Leaders & Employee Resource Groups to strategize, create & implement programs & initiatives that support our Diversity mission
- Create & facilitate employee training on diversity, inclusion & unconscious bias
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to implement strategies to attract, hire & retain a dynamic & diverse workforce (e.g. recruitment, onboarding, performance management, D&I training, talent retention strategies)
- Create an internship program in consultation with premiere nonprofits focused on providing professional development opportunities for diverse talent
- Provide guidance & oversight of Employee Resource Groups/Inclusion Networks
- Develop events, including cultural/heritage months, organizing keynote speakers, community dialogues, among other important facets
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications to regularly communicate internal & external D&I initiatives, events & progress
- Stay current on D&I developments, opportunities, & metrics/trends outside Compass & incorporate that knowledge into Compass diversity practice
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 7 years experience in People & Culture / Human Resources with at least 3 years focusing on D&I strategy & initiatives. Experience in high-growth, technology companies is a plus
- Solutions-driven. You believe theres a way you can solve any challenge & have proven experience owning programs requiring collaboration with multiple functions & senior leadership. You take pride in delivering timely & thorough service & outstanding follow-up
- Empathetic & engaging. You connect well with employees & understand their needs. You have strong interpersonal & teamwork skills. You are able to proactively create & maintain relationships with diverse people, groups, & communities across all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities & generations
- Inspirational Leader. You have an ability to inspire & engage leaders & employees
- Agile. Youre an expert multi-tasker, independently prioritizing & ensuring all needs are met. You keep calm even when theres a lot to do & you have confidence operating in a fast-paced environment
- Talented. You are a true strategist & have superior verbal & written communication skills, representing us well in all you do
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.