You are a medical affairs & business development leader who can leverage your clinical training to develop key partnerships with all levels of national & sub-national healthcare professionals, payers & other stakeholders in new markets for Guardant Health.
You are adept at engaging leading healthcare professionals & working with them to develop evidence & support for the appropriate introduction of new products & services.
Your scientific background & oncology knowledge enable you to authoritatively deliver education to & work collaboratively with leading healthcare professionals & payers to demonstrate & gain recognistion for the clinical & economic value of Guardant Health's product(s) & services. You are effective at translating data from research & publications & disseminating information through publications, presentations at national meetings & CME & educational activities. Additionally you will be involved with identifying & advancing investigator-sponsored trials (ISTs) & supporting the publications process.
You will drive country planning & strategy development & support commercial operations, marketing, market access & training.
You will maintain a deep understanding of the standard of care in oncology in designated countries & understand the needs of healthcare professionals involved in cancer management. You will contribute to building strategic partnerships with designated cancer centers, collaborative groups, health systems, local/regional specialty societies & other influencers.
By advancing clinical & economic evidence generation you will work towards inclusion in appropriate guidelines & clinical pathways & obtain payment, commissioning, reimbursement & / or insurance coverage by government & private payers.
You will work in partnership with Guardant senior management to understand the needs of customers in your assigned region & help to shape strategy & operations to access the identified opportunities. You will also help to identify opportunities & partnerships that can assist in strengthening Guardant Health's market position globally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Drive the growth of Guardant Health revenue in conjunction with the international & local teams, working effectively with cross-functional internal Guardant teams
Identify & develop productive working relationships with academic centers & partners who will drive clinical adoption & reimbursement
Identify, develop & maintain strong, collaborative, effective working relationships with key academic & community physicians & key opinion leaders to promote understanding & adoption of our novel diagnostic technologies;
Create & maintains relationships with regional physician leaders to promote clinical adoption, retention & loyalty for Guardant Health products;
Identify & position leading healthcare professionals to present at scientific forums such as international, national & regional specialty society meetings, Grand Rounds & CME events at target institutions;
Ensure effective scientific & medical communication with thought leaders, academic & scientific organizations, payers, government & regulatory bodies on the benefits of adopting Guardant services.
Work effectively with cross-functional Guardant Health marketing, client services, sales & medical teams;
Attend priority international / national scientific congresses & summarises & reports key findings
Cooperate with our Biopharma Team to engage & close shared revenue generating projects
Develop partnerships with leading oncologists in targeted medical centers to create evidence to support adoption & reimbursement.
In partnership with regional & country colleagues, develop & execute the go to market strategy for your assigned region
Support investigators requesting access to Guardant services for clinical & economic evaluations e.g. Investigator Sponsored Trials, in-practice evaluations
Consult with Investigators on data collection, regulatory questions, & protocol development & execution as it pertains to Guardant Health assays.
Develop new business partnerships that drive & accelerate business growth
Critically review & develop educational slides based on new publications & research findings, for approval by Medical Affairs & Marketing;
Facilitate meetings & scientific opportunities for the Chief Scientific & Medical Officers, that initiate & strengthen relationships with KOLs & other key physician influencers;
Support on-site oral presentations, data reviews, & interactive education events for KOLs, also known as deep dive or VIP visits to Guardant Health;
Assist market access in mobilizing physician & KOL calls & letters to payers/insurers in targeted campaigns;
Educate key personnel regarding emerging evidence relevant to molecular testing;
Qualifications & Experience:
Terminal degree in a scientific field of study (Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or Master's Level with academic equivalent such as Associate Professor position). (MD, PhD preferred).
Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant specialties is highly desirable.
Minimum of 5+ years of healthcare experience in the diagnostic, pharmaceutical, or biotech industry.
Existing broad network of clinical & payer relationships in oncology (lung, colon, GI cancers) within the country.
Results oriented, self-starter with superior interpersonal communication & presentation skills, excellent sales skills including listening, negotiating, & closing.
Open & flexible, eager to work in a team, enthusiastic & interested in sharing experiences & thoughts to achieve the company's goals
Strict adherence to relevant national codes of practice, company SOPs, laws & regulations
Fluency in Englishexpected.
Extensive travel in country to visit client sites & business meetings, training & other company & customer events in the international region
Technical Skills Required
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics & pharmaceuticalindustry.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
- Establishes & maintains an expert knowledge of precision oncology, molecularly targeted therapies, genomic alterations in different cancers, comprehensive genomic profiling & liquid biopsy through continuous & self-directed learning
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, & Word
- Ability to work independently & remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team & at different levels of the organization.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills & personal initiative.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills.
- Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside & outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs & scientific publications.
- Ability to elicit & answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables & meetings.
- Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at meetings & trade shows.
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Strong understanding of GCPs, ICH, & knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate GHI's Values by acting with integrity, respect & trust