This is a full-time role to manage audience development for Aways Media Division, which includes a print & digital magazine called Here. Here launched in 2017 as a direct response to Away customers reaching out for travel recommendations. Our mission is to build the most trusted media destination for travelers.
The Audience Development Manager, Here will spearhead audience growth across web, social & email for Aways media property, Here. This role will be instrumental in helping to shape our distribution, product & content strategy, & will own performance tracking & reporting across platforms. This person must understand how Heres target audience consumes content across a variety of platforms, & help develop a strategy to identify & develop that audience across our digital channels.
We are seeking a data driven candidate with a strong analytical background. Must have experience collaborating with editorial teams to optimize content performance through regular reporting & communication. The position reports directly to the Head of Media, & will lead execution of a variety of growth tactics (a/b testing, SEO optimization, paid acquisition).
- Collaborate with Head of Media to develop & evolve audience growth strategy for Here across all digital platforms
- Manage reporting process for internal stakeholders, & own KPIs, metrics & models for growth
- Lead & execute Here email subscriber acquisition & retention programs (paid & organic) to drive growth & engagement
- Manage Heres Associate Manager of Social Media, & work with the editorial team to inform creation of shareable content to grow engaged followers across social platforms;
- Work with Aways social media team to identify best practices & deliver real-time insights to the Here social & editorial staff
- Manage budget, placement & analysis of all paid channels for audience development & branded content campaigns
- Utilize audience data to inform digital product decisions that will drive KPIs
- Lead analytical projects designed to understand the key behaviors that drive cross-platform audience acquisition, engagement, & long-term retention
- 5+ years of experience in audience development at a media company
- Demonstrated track record of developing & retaining quality audiences across multiple digital channels
- Strong understanding of how to interpret paid media performance, audience retention, content value & remarketing efforts
- Proven ability as a self-starter who can develop & lead impactful projects;
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, balance priorities, & work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including extremely strong written & verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Google Analytics & similar web reporting tools
Youll Love Working at Away Because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!