Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 1,800 employees in the last 2 years.
As Compass experiences massive growth, we are looking for the best & brightest to help inform strategic business decisions through data-driven analysis & success measurement/reporting. As the Senior Analyst, Business Intelligence & Analytics, you will inform key business decisions & drive towards operational excellence through analytical insights. You have a highly flexible skillset, thinking strategically as well as operationally to execute on projects end-to-end. Projects include business goal definition & metrics tracking, resource planning & analysis, developing data-driven business analyses to support senior management, ad hoc performance analyses, & coordination & leadership of critical projects across the company.
At Compass You Will:
- Run success definition & management, namely, how we measure & track success
- Create, maintain & continually improve weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting, dashboards & OCRs/KPIs
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to deliver on business intelligence needs
- Establish a deep understanding of our business & customer; leverage data to provide insights about our customer, product, markets & competitors
- Perform analyses to help drive revenue growth, profitability & product adoption & to scale our operations / reduce cost-to-serve
- Build & implement key operating frameworks to help Compass scale
- Create processes for handling requests for new insights / structure from internal stakeholders
- Partner with Product & Engineering data/business intelligence team on our data analytics platform & maintaining data integrity/quality
- Partner with local leadership & cross-functional stakeholders, including Sales & Agent Success, Customer Support, Product & Engineering & Finance
What Were Looking For:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance or similar with a strong record
- 5+ years in an analytical or business intelligence position
- Ability to read code & support applications, reports & processes
- Advanced Excel/Gsheets skills
- SQL skills including SQL objects development, performance tuning, data analysis & integration
- Familiarity with data collection software & protocol; knowledge in technology & analytic tools, including Looker & Tableau
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving & forecasting abilities; ability to develop actionable recommendations
- Experience integrating new software & programs to data services
- Capable of prioritizing multiple projects while still achieving deadlines
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal & presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively to senior management & broad cross-functional stakeholders
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Self-starter, positive attitude, & ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision
- Excited to work in a fast-paced growing environment
- Prior experience in management consultancy or corporate strategy group a plus
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.