Customer Insights Intern, Pinnacle Platform Team (Virtual Internship)
Who we are
DoubleVerify is a leading software platform for digital media measurement, data & analytics. DVs mission is to be the definitive source of transparency & data-driven insights into the quality & effectiveness of digital advertising for the worlds largest brands, publishers & digital ad platforms. DVs technology platform provides advertisers with consistent & unbiased data & analytics that can be used to optimize the quality & return on their digital ad investments. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital advertising ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
What youll do
Pinnacle is DVs premier self-service platform serving a wide range of customers worldwide, to facilitate campaign setup tasks & access measurement data as they use DVs services to authenticate their media spends.
We are seeking an intern who is an analytical thinker interested in learning more about customers usage patterns, health of key products & systems, the ad tech ecosystem & enjoys getting lost in the weeds of data analysis. This role is a 6-week, full-time, virtual engagement that runs from July 6th - August 14th, 2020.
As an intern, you will be embedded in the Activation cohort within the Pinnacle Product team, gaining exposure to a talented product & engineering team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop your own subject matter expertise on specific self-service offerings through a combination of guided onboarding, discovery through documentation, & self-guided use of our tool set.
- Understand & propose additional KPIs & areas for analysis that can contribute to the product and/or marketing strategy.
- Write SQL queries & extract data from internal systems to perform independent data analysis.
- Use additional third-party analytics tracking tools to gather data.
- Create Pivot Tables & models with Excel.
- Create short presentations & present your findings in smaller groups for iterative feedback.
- Attend relevant Activation team meetings & meetings with other cross-functional teams.
Who you are
- Self-starter & self-motivated individual who is able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A current undergraduate student pursuing a bachelors degree in computer science, math, or related field
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in SQL & Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal skills
- Previous experience using data visualization or BI tools is a plus
- Interested in learning more about digital advertising & the ad tech industry
- Someone who likes to transform numbers into usable insights (or is interested in gaining the opportunity to do so)
- Creative problem solver