At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a Service Mechanic to join the Lyft Bikes & Scooters team in Miami. You will be responsible for supporting both day-to-day maintenance as well as key serviceability initiatives, & contributing to the overall operational excellence for the Lyft Bike & Scooter Market.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Direct daily repair & maintenance operations, including diagnosis & repair of electro-mechanical issues, preventive maintenance procedures & routine field quality & safety inspections
- Train & coordinate bike & scooter maintenance staff
- Maintain rideable service records accuracy using an internal work order management system
- Proactively keep up with repair supplies & spare parts by inventorying stock & placing orders for additional items, as necessary
- Accountable for local mechanic metrics & quality control of the fleet
- Cultivate a positive environment for all mechanic staff while providing exceptional service levels & maintaining high repair quality
- Evaluate on-going operations & make process-improvement recommendations, as needed
- Prior experience as a mechanic; hands-on electro-mechanic experience a plus
- Aptitude for using tools commonly needed for repair of vehicles, bikes & scooters
- Work experience in a fast-paced environment such as a service center & a distribution center
- Strong problem structuring & solving skills
- Ability to work non-standard work hours as needed, including nights, weekends, holidays & shift-based schedules
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.